Menu
C0deM0nkey
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Trying to return equipment. 3 requests for packaging ignored.

Hoping that a member of the Forum Team sees this and can help.

I've downsized my contract and no longer use our upstairs standard (non TiVo) Virgin box.

It's been disconnected and sat waiting to be sent back for over a month, however no matter how often I'm told that the necessary packaging is on its way to me no such packaging arrives.

I'd much prefer to return this in the approved manner, but at this point I feel I'm left with only three options:

1. Continuing the endless merry-go-round process of phoning customer services, waiting on hold for 20 to 30 minutes to be told that the packaging is on route. Rinse & repeat ad nauseam

2. Popping into the Virgin Media shopfront in my local town centre (who I know don't accept returned kit), placing the box and cables on the desk and legging it after photographing it to show it is returned.

3. Writing by registered post to advise VM customer services that failure to collect by date X will result in disposal of the equipment in accordance with WEEE regulations at a fee of Y and then following up as necessary.

Any other options?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Trying to return equipment. 3 requests for packaging ignored.

Hi C0deM0nkey, 

Thanks for getting in touch to let us know that you've not yet received your returns packaging. 

I've gone into the account to check what equipment you currently have and the good news is you don't need to return this to us. This is why you've not received a returns pack. It keeps getting cancelled Smiley Happy 

Instead feel free to dispose of it responsibly. You can find your nearest recycling point here: Recycle More

If there is anything else we can do to help, just pop back here. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

What kind of box is it?
0 Kudos
C0deM0nkey
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The basic non-recording HD TV box ("V box"). 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi C0deM0nkey, 

Thanks for getting in touch to let us know that you've not yet received your returns packaging. 

I've gone into the account to check what equipment you currently have and the good news is you don't need to return this to us. This is why you've not received a returns pack. It keeps getting cancelled Smiley Happy 

Instead feel free to dispose of it responsibly. You can find your nearest recycling point here: Recycle More

If there is anything else we can do to help, just pop back here. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

C0deM0nkey
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Kath_F.

What a shame Customer Services chose to tell me specifically that I needed to return it when I first arranged the account changes. They could have saved me 40 / 50 minutes of fruitless follow up calls.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi C0deM0nkey, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

The process for returning equipment does change quite frequently and it only changed again a few days again. 

I can only apologise for the follow up calls but at least all is sorted now. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
C0deM0nkey
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath_F, 

I understand these policies change over time.However perhaps VM could consider implementing a notification to the customer when cancelling a work order of this nature - if a customer requests that something happens then they should receive an update to state either:

The thing you asked us to do is happening (like the email my colleague received yesterday stating that his returns packaging was on its way).

or:

The thing you asked us to do is not happening because <reason>. Please do <other thing> instead.

All too often (across many companies I deal with both at home and at work) it seems that customer service departments expect the customer to magically know what is happening without being informed.

Either way, I've been able to dispose of the offending box at the tip. One less thing cluttering up the house.

Thanks for the assistance.

0 Kudos