Menu
Graham154
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Trying to get disconnected

In November 2016 I informed Customer Services that I was moving home, my new address could not receive Virgin services, and therefore I wanted my Virgin services disconnected on December 9th. The disconnection order appeared on my account and I assumed that everything was in order.

December 9th came and went, and by Christmas the services had still not been disconnected. I became suspicious, and used the online chat facility to query the issue. They confirmed that a technical problem had prevented the disconnection, and that I would have to phone the Moving team again as Online Chat didn't have the authority to push through the disconnection.

I then spent over an hour on the phone, being pushed from pillar to post, like an unexploded parcel, as department after department declared that they could not resolve the issue. I went between the Indian and UK subcontinents at least three times. Finally someone assured me that the account had been closed, and passing me over to yet another department to discuss the refund, the line went dead.

On the 6th January I once again checked my account online to discover that a new bill was now demanded at the end of January. Clearly the account had not been closed. I then spent another hour on the phone, a repeat of the earlier fiasco, repeating at each stage my name, account number, password and the entire detail of the problem. Finally after an hour, having spoken to at least five people, someone deemed it wise to pass me to customer relations as my civility was wearing thin. Here I was informed that a computer glitch had prevented the disconnection. To my disbelief I was told that they would have to fill out a paper form and send it to the IT department in order to action the disconnection.

As of the date of writing, my online account is still demanding a payment at the end of January, something that will not happen as I have cancelled my direct debit.

I have never come across an organisation that is so designed to fail as this one. The disjointed and fragmented nature inevitably causes frustration to the customer. The dis-empowered and uninformed nature of each individual inevitably results in failure to resolve anything but the most trivial of issues.  

What do I have to do to get this service disconnected! I have sent this tale to the Complaints postal address on 10th January but have heard nothing despite the 48 hour response promise which obviously isn't worth the paper it's written on!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Trying to get disconnected

Hi Graham154, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community even though you've had such a bad experience Smiley Sad 

I'd love to be able to take a look in to this further for you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you.

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Trying to get disconnected

Hi Graham154, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community even though you've had such a bad experience Smiley Sad 

I'd love to be able to take a look in to this further for you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you.

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out