Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6 (277 Views)

Trying to change my package

I spoke to the VM online team on the 19th of April. I had seen the "Mix TV" Bundle online - it was offered to new customers at a price of £39.00 per month for the first 12 months, but as an existing (loyal) customer this same package would cost me £50+.

I spoke to the team and asked how this could be the case and was this really fair? If it was then I'd rather cancel my account. The person I spoke to informed me he could provide me this deal, as an exisiting customer, and also give me 3 months free sky sports! Great stuff! We confirmed my new monthly amount at the discussed £39.00 and I'd get a confirmation email soon....I should have known it was all too easy.

I got an email later on to confirm my new monthly total at.....£70.75 - Thats nearly twice what I had agreed to! I had been charged an additional £19.00 for line rental, and £31.75 for Sky Sports. 

It took me 90 minutes to eventually get through to the online team where it then took me a further hour and I still didn't get any help from the person I spoke to. 

I was informed the line rental on there was a mistake and there wasn't any line rental...but I can see there is.

I was then informed the Sky sports wasn't going to be charged (why is this in my monthly total then) and if I didn't want it after the free three months I would need to set a reminder, to give you 30 days notice to cancel it from the account so I didn't get charged in the fourth month. Given how long its taken to get to this point I suggested just removing it from the bill as I don't trust you guys to be able to follow instructions. 

He then assured me my monthly total would only be £39.00 but when I asked for a new confirmation of this - I was told I needed to talk to the online team, or call up - I thought I was talking to the online team....the same people who the day previously had issued the confirmation email. Did I really need to wait another 90 minutes to correct an error you'd made?

Again and again I kept getting told that wasn't how the bill actually worked, and I would only be charged the agreed amount, but how can you expect a customer to just trust that when they've been sent an email confirming their monthly amount at twice the agreed amount? 

I want to confirm that my account is set up with the bundle as discussed for a total amount of £39.00 as I agreed. Anything else is without my agreement as a consumer, and would be considered fraud. 

Forum Team
Message 2 of 6 (200 Views)

Re: Trying to change my package

Hi LeighWiltshire,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great to have you on board with us in the Community. Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry to hear you've been receiving some conflicting information. We'll need to take a look at this for you in more detail. In order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6 (184 Views)

Hi LeighWiltshire, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this with your information. 

Checking the account I can see the deal you've posted for the price you've mentioned too Smiley Happy 

Until everything goes live I'm unable to check on anything further as all looks good for now. Once you've activated the line, come back and let me know and I will check things again Smiley Happy 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6 (152 Views)

Everything should be active now, please can you check?

Thanks, 

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6 (107 Views)

Just had an email through asking me to sign my new contract.....i186^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.png

How is this still £70 when I've been assured over and over again that its not?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6 (65 Views)

Hi LeighWiltshire, 

Thanks for your post and for coming back to us here in the Community Smiley Happy 

Checking the account I can see since posting, you spoke to the team via the phone and they have confirmed the correct price. 

Any copy of a contract requested will only send a copy of the previous one you received. As things weren't active at that point, and changes have been made by you since, the contract would be wrong. 

The next bill is due to be generated in a few days so check it then and if there are any issues, let us know here and we can check things out. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos