Menu
Crazycarole69
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Trying to Cancel my contract

Hi. I'm new here and after some help. I've only just found out today that every time I accept/make a change to my subscription, that it starts my contract off on a new one! I desperately need to cancel my contract after my living situation has changed drastically but I've been told I need to pay £200 which I don't have. I've been with virgin 24 years and never missed a payment. I'd like to think I could leave on good terms and return back one day but this doesn't look like it's gonna happen. I dropped my package down in March so I am right to think that this also started a new contract which means I'm within my 14 days cooking off period but virgin have said that if I try this, my subscription reverts back to the January contract. Surely this isn't right????
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Trying to Cancel my contract

That is indeed correct.

Starting a new contract and cancelling within 14 days does not get you out of your previous contract's commitment.

0 Kudos
Crazycarole69
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes but my previous upgraded bundle I wasn't informed would be the start of a new contract. The manager is listening back on the phone conversation
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

That's a different issue. Virgin Media may accept that you were not advised of a new contract in January and let you revert to the contract that you had before that.

Assuming that contract was outwith it's minimum contract period, it would be reasonable to let you cancel free of any penalty.

For future reference, all deals done by Retentions aka Customer Relations come with a new contract minimum period.

0 Kudos