Menu
elsawa
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Transferring account due to move abroad

Hi,

I am moving abroad in a few weeks and live in a room share where everyone else wants to keep the internet in the flat. Currently my name is on the bill but wondering how I should go about to get one of my roommates name on it instead?

Shall I transfer the account to them or shall I cancel my account and ask them to set up a new one?

Thank you on beforehand.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Transferring account due to move abroad

elsawa wrote:

I am moving abroad in a few weeks and live in a room share where everyone else wants to keep the internet in the flat. Currently my name is on the bill but wondering how I should go about to get one of my roommates name on it instead?
Ring 0345 454 1111 from any phone -> Option 1 -> Confirm your details -> then either Option 4 -> Option 1 OR option 4 -> Option 5. Request Transfer of Responsibility forms, they cost £20 and must be returned filled in by two weeks after receipt. As long as one of the people living with you has been there for 6 months or longer and is willing to become the new account holder - they will be able to.

Shall I transfer the account to them or shall I cancel my account and ask them to set up a new one?
If you want to, either is do-able.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos