Menu
Streetabix
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Transfer of Responsibility

My partner has moved out so I need to take over the Virgin media account. "Customer services" have told me I need to get the password from him unless he's deceased! (Bites tongue). It's not at all amicable and this isn't an option. Surely there is another way?! I can't be the only person to have been in this situation?!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Transfer of Responsibility

There is a 'Gone Away' transfer that can be done.

This sends notification on the existing account that Virgin Media have been notified that the account holder has moved away, and starts a timer for the account to be closed. You would need to provide a forwarding address for the existing account holder if at all possible.

If you're eligible you should then be able to start the transfer of responsibility process to take over the account within that time (the main eligibility is to have lived at the address for at least six months). This would involve forms being sent out for you to complete and return. If the forms aren't returned then the existing account would close. If the forms are returned then all the existing services and kit are transferred into an account in your name.

Even if you're not eligible for the transfer of responsibility, once the existing account closed as part of the 'Gone Away' process, you could then apply for new services at the address. However doing it this way may involve some interruption of services.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Streetabix
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Transfer of Responsibility

Thank you! You are most helpful. Why on earth couldn't the customer service operative tell me this?!
0 Kudos