Menu
HaylzRandom
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Transfer of Responsibility - Change Contract

Hi there,

I have got a TOR to fill out due to my previous housemate moving out and not changing the account over to me so having to do it myself. I do have a question however:

I want to change the package we are on to a smaller package as we no longer use the TV package (we haven't switched on the box for about 3 months).

It states that I will enter a new 12 month contract, does that mean the current package we are on and if I want to make changes to it then I will be charged for this?

Not entirely wanting to pay another 12 months for a package which I will not be using and essentially wasting money on!

Any advice?

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Transfer of Responsibility - Change Contract

Would it not be cheaper just to sign up ad a new customer?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi HaylzRandom, 

Thanks for your post and it's great to hear you're wanting to continue with your services with us Smiley Happy 

Any changes made to the account will mean a new contract. At the moment, with a transfer of responsibility it just copies over the package details and discounts over from the original account. 

The good news is, we only contract you for the service and not the actual package so you can swap and change, upgrade or downgrade as often as you like (a new contract is entered in to each time) 

Your best bet is speaking to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 for them to run through things with you Smiley Happy

Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
KIRSTINDUT
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath

I have just arranged for the transfer of responsibility and have been sent a contract in my name but with an increased rate, essentially not just a simple transfer of name as we were expecting and told. Nothing we have received until the contract indicated that the discount on the contract would not be transferred.

I called multiple times to resolve this but no one seems to understand and/or know what to do. Who can assist with this as I have never agreed to any increase in rates.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi KIRSTINDUT, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Forums. It's great having you on board here with us. Smiley Happy 

Whenever you post on the Community any Private Messages you sent attach to the thread and gets picked up at the same time as the thread. We also ask that you don't send messages to the Forum Team unless asked as we have a queuing system. 

With regards to the Transfer of Responsibility, if there is a special loyalty discount on the account then it may not be possible for this to be transferred as the codes may not be valid any longer. 

If you speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 they will be able to add a manual rolling credit to the account for you. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos