Menu
darrenjohnst92
Tuning in
Message 1 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Totally unprofessional installation.

Last Thursday the 27th I had a new installation carried out by Virgin Media. My property is known as a "lightening" release as it has only recently been given access to the cable service.

You can see from the pictures below that the installation was carried out to a very poor standard.

The installers refused to run the cable around the outside of my flat for my second Tivo, claiming that they were not allowed to. This is a blatant lie since the other flats in my block which are identical have had the cable run outside.

The splitter was left exposed on the floor, no attempt was made to secure it in its proper housing and secure it to the wall.

Externally, a big hole has been left. No sealant or a cover has been used, water ingress is a real worry for me now. At no time was I asked to sign any paper work before the installers left. They did not even bother to clean up after them.

I since contacted the Virgin rep that visited me, who to be fair was brilliant, he arranged for the Install manager to pop round the following day.

The next day the manager failed to turn up, I contacted the rep again, who was as shocked as I was that no one had even contacted me. He again, very kindly put me in touch with another install manager, called Ben.

I spoke with Ben and he agreed to rectify the situation the following morning (Saturday).

No one turned up. No contact was made, I have called Ben several times but his phone is turned off.

I am not normally one to complain, please look at the pictures below and tell me am I overreacting?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Shroko
Up to speed
Message 2 of 25
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Totally unprofessional installation.

No, you are not overreacting.

That is totally unacceptable, the fact they have let you down further by not doing anything to resolve it, is completely out of order.
0 Kudos

All Replies
Shroko
Up to speed
Message 2 of 25
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

No, you are not overreacting.

That is totally unacceptable, the fact they have let you down further by not doing anything to resolve it, is completely out of order.
0 Kudos
darrenjohnst92
Tuning in
Message 3 of 25
Flag for a moderator

thank you for your reply the thing is I work in the network industry id never leave a property or building in a mess 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 25
Flag for a moderator

interesting to say the least - the external roll of cable i dont understand - there are far too many questions there - takes VM about a week to get to threads normally - will flag this and hopefully someone can get a tech sorted to make sense of that

Tony
0 Kudos
darrenjohnst92
Tuning in
Message 5 of 25
Flag for a moderator

The coil of cable is for the property down stairs.
0 Kudos
darrenjohnst92
Tuning in
Message 6 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi tony thanks for your reply
I have written to "VM CEO tom mockridge"who has replyed hopefully something will get done.i have a picture screen shot of there reply but im currently on my phone and cant attach a picture to this message dont give me the option
Many thanks darren
0 Kudos
darrenjohnst92
Tuning in
Message 7 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Just an update virgin complaints have contacted me telling me theyve logged a call with the contractor to come out and fix the issues raised .and offered me a mere £50 credit on my account is it me or is this bit of a joke
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 25
Flag for a moderator

£50 - seems generous to me - but there you go each to their own 

Tony
0 Kudos
darrenjohnst92
Tuning in
Message 9 of 25
Flag for a moderator

So the fact my property has been left like this with holes and damage to my walls not even in a discreet place and no holes filled in.your contractors lied telling me they was not aloud to run cables outside the building and then go to my neighbours and run there cabling outside thats fine is it.so your view is lets throw £50 at people just to stop them complaining and to keep them queit is acceptable.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi darrenjohnst92

Thanks for joining us on the forums and welcome to the community. I'm sorry that your first post is due to a poor experience but glad to see that you’ve had support already form the CEO office regarding this and that they have begun to get this rectified for you.

We're here if you need us to follow any of this up for you, just give us a shout Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos