Menu
GLOS
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo upgrade

Hi. I am an existing customer and have just upgraded to Tivo. I have TV XL. Can I keep my current v+ box to install into another room with no monthly fee?.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo upgrade

My thoughts are its unlikely. The standard boxes are the TiVO & the V6 now. Even if they do allow you to keep it there will be additional charges to extend the coax network cabling required to use it in another room.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
GLOS
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi nodrogd

There is an unused broadband wall box/cable in another room and this could be used for the v+ box?? After ordering the TiVo I'm hearing bad things about its speed, reliability etc. Do you know if I order a v6 box instead then with full house tv its free box with no additional monthly fee or is this one to ask customer services. After being on the phone to them for 45 mins the other day for what should have been straight forward order of kit I'm reluctant.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi GLOS

Thanks for dropping by with your post about the TiVo® box and V+ box you have with us.

If we were to activate the V+ for you to have the services in the other room then there would be an additional monthly charge of £7.50 per month for the extra box unless there are other package discounts you may be entitled to as a customer with us that would offset those costs.

If you're looking at swapping the TiVo® to a V6 then if you have not yet done so already, if you could drop a call to the teams via 150 or 0345 454 1111, they would be happy to look at the options we have for you. Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"