Menu
kdgqpr
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Time to leave Virgin Media?

I have been with VM since the Telewest days, many years now but I despair with their service and feel that now it is time to try Sky or BT.... However, phoning VM and waiting for retentions takes for ever - is this deliberate policy?

The only real positive with VM is the speedy broadband-but even that has regular drop-outs of service. My Tivo box is SO slooooowwwww to do anything, even since the recent software upgrade. And the number two, old V+ box is even more crap than it used to be! On top of that, I do not see why I am forced to pay for a phone line that I never use; it's not as if the phone line is required to deliver any other service, so it is just one more VM stitch-up. Frankly, I am paying £137 per month for a "service" that fails to deliver on so many fronts. And now it is impossible to get through to anyone to discuss this!!

Any suggestions please as to (i) how to end this VM relationship giving the detailed on-going issues and (ii) who would recommend Sky, BT etc. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Time to leave Virgin Media?

Virgin is the only broadband service that let's you remove the phone line, though the price of the other services do go up as you lose the loyalty discount

Try getting Sky or BT broadband without a phone line

0 Kudos
kdgqpr
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Having to pay for an unused and unwanted phone line is just one of my issues, and I've come to the conclusion that the "service" VM provide isn't worth me paying them £1,640 a year!

I acknowledge that going over to the dark side would mean still paying for the damn phone, but VM customer service isn't great; though of course perhaps that of their rivals isn't either but I do think that the best answer may be to find out....
0 Kudos
kdgqpr
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ok, over the Christmas break I've now been able to get a price from Sky of £112 for 12 months for comparable services - though lower broadband speed but with a 2T Sky Q box which must be an improvement on the awful Tivo box... and yes, there is still a phone line charge, which does remain a bugbear.

So, why shouldn't I move despite being with VM and its predecessors companies since 1998? VM clearly doesn't value its existing long-term customers as much as it does new ones.... 

0 Kudos