Menu
RenatoSerra
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

This has to be illegal.

Hi,

So in October during the price hikes I phoned VM and said I was leaving. Retentions offered my price to be lowered to stay, during this conversation I asked several times if there was a catch or change of contract he said no, I asked for paper confirmation several times and it was promised to be sent. Paper confirmation never came but when we got billed it was the agreed price so I assumed all was good.

Recently we changed jobs and with this had to change flats, phoned VM to move my contract as I was quite happy with the service, but they don't service that area (its central London), so I have to terminate my contract, and to my surprise they told in October I accepted a new 12 month contract without this ever being mentioned to me so I would have to pay over 200£ in fees. I couldn't believe it as the other person never mentioned it, how can I legally be forced to accept this? I would have never have accepted that! VM records the calls why nobody listens to my call? This has to be ilegal!! And I asked yesterday if they decided that after 5 months I had to pay a million per month I would have to be forced to accept it and she said yes!(obviously it wouldn't happen but it's ridiculous they technically could) This is extremely unfair and a really bad customer service experience. They told me it's not their fault I'm moving and the contract is with the property, so I suggested what if I convince the new property tenants to switch to my account? They said that can't be done I have to pay and they have to get their own account but if I invite them I can get 50£ of virgin media credit..
I was hoping Vm would be available in my new area so I could switch back whenever possible but after this they completly ruined how I saw the brand!

Thanks
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: This has to be illegal.

If you made changes to your package in October , you would have been emailed an Econtract for your records and also should have received an email outlining changes and new contract term. By accepting the TOS, and by continuing the service after your disconnection date, you have implicitly accepted the contract changes.

How VM extend/renew/change your contract, including EDF's is all in the TOS and there's nothing "Illegal" about it. The example you gave is perfectly well covered in the TOS too. Where VM increses prices you have the right to leave without penalty.

If you haven't tried already, try 150 during UK office hours, options 1,4,5 for retention's should land you UK onshore support. They MAY be able to look at your particular case again, but VM are within their rights to insist on payment of EDF's should they so decide.

0 Kudos
RenatoSerra
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey,

Thanks for the reply, i will try to phone them there.
I was never sent a new contract by email and i specifically asked during that call for paper one and didnt get one either. What i meant by increase to a million per month is not randomly, it would be they decided their package is x during first 6 months and 1 million after that (again exaggeration to make a point), but only inform me of the first 6 as its more attractive. All changes to current contract should be told over the phone when they occur at least the way i see it, maybe legally they dont have to but i think it would be morally right..
At this point im not even sure what my current contract is anymore, as all i know is the price im paying now which is what i agreed with.. anything else that might be in my new contract is unknown to me

0 Kudos
biscuit
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ask for all copies of any contracts that exist and how those were sent and accepted.

If they were emailed out, you want copies of those, which should included an address of the sender and an address of were it was sent (this still does not mean it was received by the intended recipient).This should also included the time.

If there is an audio recording, ask for that (along with the date and time , it should also verify who was having the conversation ,passwords,secret questions etc etc).

Postal contracts sent, again, you would want copies of those, how they were posted,when,proof of posting,signed for delivery.

Proof of posting does not verify it has been received ,(i had a county court judge state that proof of posting does verify a delivery, but i demanded her claim be demonstrable for proof that that is fact , she couldn't) neither does it verify what is inside an envelope.

A signature also does not verify it has been received (it just verifies that there is a mark (postal ops sometimes sign for you).

Either way, you want copies of all the contracts that exist, which demonstrate a contract does exist between the parties .

Statements like
"you should have been this or that" holds no water, get the demonstrable proof.Otherwise the claim is unfounded.Then you take steps to get remedy (letters to the ceo tend to work wonders, especially when you want to have them called to court).

"that which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence"

One more thing

"is it legal or lawful, illegal or unlawful"

DON'T ASK ME TO RING CUSTOMER SUPPORT!I'M DEAF AND HAVE TO RELY ON EMAIL ONLY.
spell
Well-informed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Like a breath of fresh air among all the waffling 'Virginspeak'.

0 Kudos