Menu
SlainteBoxing
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thinking of Leaving Virgin

I am considering leaving Virgin after several loyal years however, I'm not sure what I need to do and if there is there any penalty for leaving?

Many thanks in advance

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Thinking of Leaving Virgin

There is no penalty for leaving, assuming you are outside your minimum contract period.

Call 150 and take the options that you are thinking of leaving. Option 1, validate who you are then options 4 and 5.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

There is no penalty for leaving, assuming you are outside your minimum contract period.

Call 150 and take the options that you are thinking of leaving. Option 1, validate who you are then options 4 and 5.

0 Kudos
SlainteBoxing
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Ernie_C
0 Kudos
martyn8
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have been a VM customer since they took over from Blueyonder (and have received the same service since Telewest and United Artists). Last week, having noticed that a (not big) loyalty discount was due to expire, I rang VM and an automated message offered me the option of extending the discount for 6 months with no change to services. I was asked to press 1 to do this, or press 2 to speak to an adviser. I opted to speak to an adviser to discuss options and to see if I could get a deal; he told me that he knew nothing about this option to extend for 6 months. I was only able to extend on contract for another year if I wanted to continue with the discount.

I am aware of the great deals that new customers can receive and that they are not available to long-term customers, (although some other providers do make them available to their existing customers). I don't expect something for nothing but I would have appreciated feeling valued.

Later last week, I phoned again and to say that I was considering leaving and the adviser wasn't remotely interested in keeping me as a customer, and as a result she cancelled my subscription within two minutes!

I am deeply upset that after all these years, I feel unvalued and that my loyalty and custom counted for nothing.

claym0re
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

martyn8 wrote:

I have been a VM customer since they took over from Blueyonder (and have received the same service since Telewest and United Artists). Last week, having noticed that a (not big) loyalty discount was due to expire, I rang VM and an automated message offered me the option of extending the discount for 6 months with no change to services. I was asked to press 1 to do this, or press 2 to speak to an adviser. I opted to speak to an adviser to discuss options and to see if I could get a deal; he told me that he knew nothing about this option to extend for 6 months. I was only able to extend on contract for another year if I wanted to continue with the discount.

I am aware of the great deals that new customers can receive and that they are not available to long-term customers, (although some other providers do make them available to their existing customers). I don't expect something for nothing but I would have appreciated feeling valued.

Later last week, I phoned again and to say that I was considering leaving and the adviser wasn't remotely interested in keeping me as a customer, and as a result she cancelled my subscription within two minutes!

I am deeply upset that after all these years, I feel unvalued and that my loyalty and custom counted for nothing.

I had a similar experience when I called the other day.  Retentions department didn't seem to be able to offer anything decent so it is likely I'll leave as I can get more for less elsewhere.  It was suggested that competitors were unlikely to match the speed and amount of data that I currently get but luckily I'm in the position of having new BT fibre to premise so that isn't the case.

Annoying as I've found Virgin quite good and I'd entertain a decent offer so as

to avoid the hassle of changing but if they can't even match BT........

Edwards21
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I understand as my mum has been with them since blueyonder and telewest and her bills are nearly double of mine as I am a new customer. I have advised her to leave and go with sky but I'm worried she can't keep her landline does anyone know if she can keep it?
0 Kudos