Menu
gordonuk
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The so called upgrade

What is going on with the upgrade?
First I was told it was June 2017, then it changed to December 2016, then back to Febuary 2017, then it changed to July 2016, then End of August 2016 but its now september 2016 and still no upgrade but it still says end of august 2016

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: The so called upgrade

Hi gordonuk,

Thanks for your post and apologies for the delay with your free speed boost. We are trying to stay on track and on schedule but there are times where an unforeseen circumstance crops up and the boosting takes longer in other areas. 

It does have a knock on effect on the following areas and if something else crops up, it will delay others even further. 

We are working hard to ensure we are boosting people as fast as we can and rest assured we'll be boosting your area as soon as we can. 

Keep checking back as that date can go forward as well as back. 

Apologies again for any inconvenience. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
gordonuk
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Its now changed again and now January 2017

0 Kudos
meraip
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

There has been changes in dates and I have been on 100MB for ages. Looking at my account it says it's happened and it is still 100MB. Why?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us about this gordonuk,

I am sorry for the delay in getting this processed for you.

I sincerely hope that this shouldn't take too much longer to complete.

Thanks again,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there meraip,

Thanks for your query.

If you've made any recent package changes, this can affect any pending upgrades from being processed.

If you wish to discuss this further, you can call our team on 150 free from any Virgin landline or 0345 454 1111 on any other line.  
Alternatively, you can chat to our online team via: [Contact us].

Take care,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
gordonuk
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

considering my area can already get the fastest speeds you would think it would be as simple as typing in a computer changing 50 to 70 and sending signal to my hub, if i was to upgrade for example to 100mb its changed in seconds and signal sent so can the 70mb upgrade not be done same way

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi gordonuk, 

Thanks for coming back to us again on this one. 

I wish it was as simple as that. When upgrading your speed, you're a single customer however when we do the speed upgrade, every Virgin Customer in the area will be upgraded so we need to ensure the network is tip top before doing so. 

We can only apologise that you've not yet had your upgrade and we hope it will all go well for your January date.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
meraip
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I stayed with you as your team persuaded me after many different problems and escalations. I have not changed my package as such except offered extras. My bills were not as agreed  and line rental saver not added even after persuaded. At every stage my speed update/upgrade stayed same to provide a higher speed. This time it says I have been upgraded to same speed 100MB. Not a happy bunny all round. How many times am I suppose to correct mistakes and contact you. I am on here for a reason to sort out not to spend hours on end on chat or phone.

In conclusion, hopefully my bills are sorted according to contract having now paid extra for two months line rental in full despite assurances it will not be so with line rental saver and I could not believe the conversations I had! High utilisation has been on-going with no end in sight. Now I see my upgrade has happened to same speed. I would like someone to look into this and contact me. 

Let me know what you need.

Webchat is always as this too: All of our agents are currently busy. Please try again later.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi meraip

I appreciate you getting in touch about the speed boost.

The speed re-tiers for any new customers joining since October 1st 2015 or any existing customers accepting a new agreement with us after November 24th 2015 (via Relations or Customer Services) are:

• L broadband -50Mb
  • XL broadband -100Mb
  • XXL broadband- 200Mb

As Nat mentioned we can see you have signed up to a new agreement with us recently. We are unable to offer the existing customer speed boost and a new deal or re-contract to our customers so my apologies but  the speed you have of 100Mb is the right one for the offering you have with us.

The speed of 150Mb can be applied if we remove the new discounts you have with us as no new discounts work with the speed codes of 150Mb, but then your package price would increase.

If you are looking to consider this to benefit from the speed boost then please get in touch with our teams via 150 or 0345 454 1111.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos