Menu
Devonian276789
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The ongoing intermittent problem

Is there any sign of the intermittent problem with broadband in Devon being sorted anytime soon? It has been in place several days, and each day we were given an estimated date and time for resolution, and each day it was missed. Is Virgin media under cyber attack?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: The ongoing intermittent problem

Hi Devonian276789, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community. It's great having you on board with us even if you have been having a few issues Smiley Sad

Apologies to hear that there has been a fault in your area. Whenever there is one, we work hard to get things back up and running asap for you. 

Checking things today, any fault seems to be resolved as there is nothing open. Are you still having an issue with broadband? If so pop back and let us know so we can run through some other diagnostics with you Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Devonian276789
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I am still getting a notice saying that there is an intermittent problem and giving an estimate solution time and date.
Tom Murray
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom

Thanks for getting back to us Smiley Happy

Can you let us know where the message is being displayed? Is this on a specific webpage or all pages? Is this via My Virgin Media?

If we can find out where this is specifically causing you an issue we may be able to help further given that the issue we have seen notified out end has cleared.

If this is an online notification can you please try:

• Clearing your browser history, cache and cookies.
  • Using an alternative browser or device to see if this happens on all browsers/devices.

If you could check back in with us once you have run these tests, that would be great.

Thanks again and speak soon Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Devonian276789
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

when I log into my virgin media and I have put my username and password in I go the page to log into  email. There is a link to click on known issues. Clicking on that produces a virgin media page that says that they know one issue in my area, and that is an intermittent access problem. Often I can log in at that point and access my email. Sometimes when I try to log into email I get a blue page saying the server is not available and to try later. On other occasion the message is you will not be able to get access until the problem is solved. Yesterday the estimate fix was 1600 on 5 Nov. Today is 1600 on the 7th. Phoning the hep desk has not helped because all they can tell me is that they are aware of the problem and the engineers are working on it. Unfortunately unlike the saga of McBeth, tomorrow and tomorrows does not come on apace.

0 Kudos
wilson_campbell
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have had this issue before with the online email system. Sometimes it does this and sometimes it does not. This has been happening over he last months. I can still use my offline windows live software to get my mail when this happened, it just seems to be the online mail system.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom

This issue is still ongoing at present. We need some data from you to help support our teams who are looking into this for us.

They are asking that you refresh the browser when accessing the page if this error message displays and if this continues if you could then please capture the browser and time that fault occurs and post this data back to us in a screenshot (making sure any personal data is omitted)

The reference for his fault is F004841712

Please keep in touch and we'll do what we can to resolve this.

browser could help resolve the issue - please capture the browser and time that fault occurs and enter into CC notes in ICOMs

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Devonian276789
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have lost faith in virgin media. The problem may or may not be continuing. I have problems with my email. Sometimes I get a message to say there is a problem, sometimes I do not. Sometimes I can get connected by clicking on the link again, despite the error message, sometimes by clicking on the arrow for previous. It is all totally unpredictable. When I do get connected, some functions do not work, for example it may not be possible to reply to sender, and sometimes it is some other function that does not work.

I have been having problems for a couple of months now. All that seems to happen is that one receives a string of estimated resolution dates-usually missed, and a range of excuses for the problem. The latest is that it is all windows fault and due to them installing Windows 10 or some other so called improvement.

I do not want a pseudo improvement, I want the system for which we have a contract, and for which we pay, to work. The latest communication suggests that windows has applied a patch (or perhaps an elastoplast) to resolve the problem ,and suggests contacting the community to find out how to do whatever is necessary, presumably to make the patch stick.

Tomorrow I will go to a virgin media outlet to see if it is possible to speak to a member of staff at virgin. I do not expect the shop staff to deal with it, but I expect that the shop manager has a line manager, and that that line manager will have one also, and therefore buy a process of leaping from ne line manager to the next it will be possible to contact a person of appropriate seniority to get a reply from a human.

I know that it is not your fault, but there has to be someone in the company who is responsible and accountable

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom

I appreciate this has been an ongoing issue and my apologies that the broadband services are still not fully up to speed for you.

I can see that you have spoken to a colleague on the 23rd and they have resolved the email issues you had which is great.

For us to look into the broadband services for you I'm popping your details to my colleague on the forums who will look into this on your behalf.

Thanks again.

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos