Menu
thewolfes
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Terribly unhappy with service provided so far

To explain in more detail I’ve just moved into a new property and in preparation ordered Vivid 100 on the 1st of February for installation on the 18th February 2017. Between then and now I have received several letters/emails confirming this installation date. However, only on the 17th (less than 24 hours before my presumed installation), I am told that it will now take an extra 6 – 8 weeks for installation, due to “obtain approval from your local authority to gain access to our network in your street.” I am really frustrated, annoyed and disappointed by this, how you can expect someone to wait up to an additional 8 weeks for internet is really outrageous.

Furthermore, to only inform me with less than 24 hours before the promised installation is unreasonable, I had to book a day off work for this installation, which is now wasted! Surely you would have known within the 3 weeks prior to the installation date that you could not deliver this installation on the promised day.

I called the installation team yesterday, (after 15 minutes waiting on hold) for them only to be as very unhelpful as expected. Neither could they give me any further information, they could only see that “no date for my installation” and then recommended a dongle or switching company!

I’ve since been in contact with my county council and they said they haven’t even received any documentation from Virgin in regards to the planned work they will need to do. I feel I’m starting to deeply regret going with Virgin, not only for the delays (which are a massive factor) but for the lack of good customer service?
Philip Wolfe

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Terribly unhappy with service provided so far

Hey thewolfes and welcome to our forum Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear you're installation didn't do ahead on the planned date, I can understand your disappointment. Apologies also for the delay in getting back to you.

Just wonder how things stand at the moment? Let us know and we'll help out if needed

Thanks,

Michael_JK
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
thewolfes
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I am no closer to getting this resolved..

It has now been four weeks since my proposed date, I been in contact numerous times with the installation team, on the 13th of March and they informed that work was actually being carried out, and that the proposal had been put forward on the 24th of February to my local authority for this work to go ahead.

However I contacted my local authority again.. since and they can confirm that as of today they have not received any proposals from yourselves for this work.

“I refer to your email enquiry dated 14th March 2017, in relation to provision of cabling to the property. To undertake any excavation works in the public highway Virgin will need to apply to Derbyshire County Council as local highway authority, and in particular the Streetworks section and apply for permission to open up the highway to install the apparatus.   

I have checked our system today and no application has been received by Derbyshire County Council for any such works at this location, If you are requesting this service from Virgin Media you will need to speak to them direct, as we are unable to assist. They are ultimately the works promotor and need to plan and programme the works, as part of which they should then issue the relevant notices to Derbyshire County Council.”

I have had a terrible time with Virgin customer service, especially the pre install team who have been extremely unhelpful.. after spending 15 minutes waiting on hold each time and each time they’re unable to give me any further details.

Can someone please help? I really don’t know what else do to and feel like I just keep getting past around and now lied to? I don’t want to switch company, I really want to stay with Virgin, but I feel I’ve ran out of choices.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi thewolfes, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this and apologies that things are still ongoing Smiley Sad

Looking at the account for an update on this, we're currently in talks with one of our contractors 'Comex' to get things sorted for you. Usually the process does take 6-8 weeks and based on the installation date you've given, it's still within that time so we won't have much more of an update currently. 

I can see a complaint has already been raised under reference COM101340443. It's been assigned to a member of the team called Bev and she will be updating through each step. 

If you need more of an update, come back to us here and let us know.

Apologies once again for the delay. I'm sure there is light at the end of the tunnel. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos