Menu
nalinu
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Terrible service - not trustworthy

I recently renewed my contract ( just under two weeks ago). Since then my attempts to get the final contract and future monthly payments verified and received in writing has failed with as many as four VM call centre staff giving me the run around and not getting me the written as I agreed and promised to me over the phone.

My last call was yesterday after which i received a personal email from a VM employee. The letter is not an official VM contract.

What should I do? Should I complain to watchdog? Which? and / or trading standards?

I am fairly certain they are giving me the run around without committing the contract in writing so that once the 14 day period is over I have to accept whatever they foist on me.

Any experience of this by the board members?

Thanks for any advice.

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Terrible service - not trustworthy

I never received a contact by post or e-mail to have it in writing, but I did ask on Live Chat and got them to confirm my price, deal, contract length etc so I at least had it in writing should there be an issue in the future.

If you also have an e-mail from a VM employee (from their virginmedia.com e-mail address) then this is another confirmation of what your deal is.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
nalinu
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Terrible service - not trustworthy

Hi BacktoThe Future,

Thanks for your post. Not receiving a letter in your case is not a reason for them not giving one to me. It's a legal requirement. I have called for legal advice from Which.co.uk and Citizen's advice bureau.

I have to write a letter today and post it to Virgin media. They HAVE to put in writing what they have agreed over the phone with me and in a durable format as per consumer act 2013..

I spoke to VM last night again and they have effectively reset the 14 day clock by sending me another contract for a different amount. I will see how this goes before taking further action. I will keep the forum informed on how this goes.

Thanks again for responding.

0 Kudos