Menu
saifulkhan
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Terrible installation department

While ordering my new VM broadband connection the VM customer care assured me that my house is compatible with VM and within 2 days self starter equipment will arrive and I can access internet straight away. I received the equipment on time, however then found out that the wall sockets are not compatible and last time it was 3 years back VM connection was there. 

VM already knew it and they scheduled engineers visit on 17th March (2 weeks after since the equipment arrived) without consulting this to me. I spoke to customer care but could not get any solution. Everyday it causes me huge inconvenience  - I am unable attend evening overseas meetings, unable to communicate with family living abroad. 

Should I go for other service provider? 

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Terrible installation department

Unfortunately it sounds as though you are having teething problems.  If your property has had Virgin Media services 3 years ago then everything should definitely still be compatible.  It may just be that the cabling/sockets have become damaged and that is why they need an installer to come and test/fix the issue.

If they are able to fix the issue when they attend this would be quicker than trying to get set up with another service provider anyway.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
saifulkhan
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Well there was a VM connection 3 years back and thats why the sockets and cables are not compatible that I came to know from VM customer care. I also tried to plug in but they are different. What I saw is that the wall sockets (one telewest telephone socket, one TV and one FM socket) are not compatible with the cables I received. Last tenant uses Sky, so I am thinking if Sky would be quick?

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Apart from Virgin Media all other internet providers basically use the BT telephone network.  Whether you go to Sky, TalkTalk, BT, Plusnet, EE or one of the many others - they all use the same system.

Virgin Media don't use this system and have their own cabling, etc.

If you signed up to another ISP today though it is still going to be a week or two before they come out to do any work that is required.  If the telephone cables/wires have been messed about with by the last tenant then you may have similar problems with that too.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
saifulkhan
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

is not it possible to schedule the engineers visit during the weekend or weekdays after 5.30pm?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi saifulkhan

Many thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us about the engineer booking. I do appreciate that this is today and can see you have spoken to the teams about this.

Appointments for installation are 8am-1pm and 1pm to 6pm.

I apologise and I know you are aware but we cannot narrow those dedicated time slots down.

Keep in touch and let us know how todays appointment goes for you.

Take care.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
saifulkhan
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

All good, went well! I believe my billing will start from today, do I need to contact customer care for that? How can I apply a promo code that I received for £50 credit? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi saifulkhan

I'm very glad to hear it went well for you Smiley Very Happy

The teams you spoke to earlier on this month have applied a credit to cover the £50 promo code already so that will reflect on the first bill for you.

Billing starts from the date of installation and the first bill will generally be for 2 months as we usually produce this around a month after the installation date and we always bill customers for a month in advance.

If you've received your account details in with your welcome letter you should be able to register for My Virgin Media

Your area reference is 14 should you need it.

Let us know if we can help with anything else Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
saifulkhan
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have been billed from 8th March, where as my installation happened on 17th. Could you please suggest what should I do?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi saifukhan, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. Apologies to hear that you've been over charged on your bill. As mentioned by Karen, you should only be charged from your installation date. 

We would usually look at resolving this for you however I can see since posting, you have spoken to the team who have arranged for the credit to be refunded. 

It will show on the next bill to be generated. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know.

Apologies once again. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos