Menu
Smiler16
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Terrible home move. 2 wks and still no internet

We've moved 2 weeks ago and virgin lied about coming on the day after our house move. Now 2 weeks later we've been waiting 7 hours on the set date and no engineer. We work from home so using all our mobile data. Terrible service and extra costs from mobile providers. Anyone else have such a bad experience moving home too? We will be asking to get a refund for the 2 weeks of no phone TV or broadband. Not a happy customer. Virgin clearly don't care about retaining their existing customers. Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Terrible home move. 2 wks and still no internet

Hi Smiler16, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that moving home hasn't been as straight forward for you as we'd like it to be Smiley Sad 

Usually delays only happen if construction work is needed. In order to check what's going on in your circumstance, I'll need to take a look at the account. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Smiler16
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The saga continues. On top of waiting 3 weeks for a simple house move. Now our whole account was changed, our tivobox with all recordings was taken away and our bundle was changed incurring us 3x higher bills than before and all phone bundles taken away. Terrible experience. Nothing communicated with us. I don't know how virgin can change contracts without notifying their customers.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Smiler6

I do apologies that the experience you have had has been not what you were expecting and has caused you any kind of concern.

I can see from the account that you have called the teams as suggested by Kath and they have looked into a resolution to this for you which is great Smiley Happy.

With a house move the account number does change. The account number you have is linked to the home address not you as a customer, so it doesn't follow you around when you move house.

With respect to the package complaint, I am glad to see someone from our Care team has supported you with this. Going forwards if you have any package or billing complaints or concerns then please get in touch with the teams via 150 or 0345 454 1111 or via Webchat  where our teams can clear security with you and work to resolve any issues you have.

When you move home it is standard policy with a TiVo® box for the one you have to be reconnected for the very reason you have mentioned, so customers do not lose their recordings. On the day of connection if the engineer has found an issue with the box you have then they would have made the decision to make the swap to ensure continuation of service with no issues but they should have had a chat with you first to explain their reasons for doing so. My apologies if this did not take place.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can support you with.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos