Menu
Bakergirl
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Terrible customer service

hi, has anyone experienced such bad customer service as when you tell virgin you want to leave ! Past from one advisor to another going over the same tale time and time again , cutting you off and no one ever doing what is requested of them .  Unbelievable! 

I am still waiting for the packaging to send back the TiVo box and after four phone calls still no joy , come on pull your finger out and do the job your paid for! 

0 Kudos
Dave606
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Terrible customer service

Terrible, how about blatant lies about competitors options?.  I had this today, can only get ASDL, a lie, can only get low speed fibre, a lie, stated prices are for limited bandwidth which would heavily restrict us based on VM usage, a lie,  can't cancel penalty free with anyone other than VM, a lie.  Don't quite know what some of there retentions staff take the average customer for these days?!.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bakergirl, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear about the issues you are having trying to cancel your services Smiley Sad 

You will receive the packaging to return any equipment you have a few days after your disconnection date. This will be accompanied by your final bill too. 

Did you manage to put in your request? If not, give the team another call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 to get things sorted. 

Let us know how things go. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
hemelhenry
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I had wonderful service Smiley Happy  just called to cancel after more than 3 happy years .... 5 minutes no if's, no buts and cancellation date agreed ... I was even told virgin will cancel my direct debit their end.  only surprised that nothing was done to try to keep someone who has never missed a payment in 3 years and has 2 virgin mobiles.  maybe £115 ish a month is too little these days  

0 Kudos
Bakergirl
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I had been with them for around fifteen years and had no problems until I decided to leave and could not believe how bad their customer service was and how shoddily I have been treated . I would never use their company again .

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi hemelhenry,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that the team did not make you feel valued enough to want to stay with us. 

Depending on the circumstances you gave as to why you wanted to cancel would depend on how we proceed with the call. More often than not we will try and go through the services you have to see if there is something we can do to keep you as a loyal customer. 

Do you mind me asking why you want to leave? 

Is there anything we can do to change your mind?

Come back and let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
hemelhenry
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Good morning.

Only reason to leave was an offer Sky made.  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi hemelhenry, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this Smiley Happy

If you've been overall happy with the service you've had from Virgin Media then give us one last try to offer you a great deal. Give the team another call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 giving details of what you've been offered by Sky. 

We will try our best to see what we can do in terms of a new offer for you. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos