Menu
Bigjay13
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Terminating contract early

I recently terminated my broadband and phone contract early by 5 months due to moving and was quite happy to pay the charges for unused line rental and broadband. However , I have been charged an disconnection charge for terminating it early of £42.80 ! This was not explained over the phone when I arranged the disconnection. And why aren't there facilities to contact virgin by email or post ? 

Regards jason

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Terminating contract early

The termination charges operate on a sliding scale as per the attached link:

http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early-...

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Terminating contract early

Hi Jason, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are moving to an area that isn't cabled and therefore we're not able to transfer your existing services over to the new property. 

When you sign up to a contract with us, you are agreeing for us to supply you with the services at that address for that time. As you are moving, you are technically breaking the contract. 

If you move to a cabled area, we are happy to transfer the services however this comes with a one off charge and a new 12 month contract. If you move to a non cabled area then we can set the account to cancel but this would invoke an early termination fee. 

You can speak to the team regarding the circumstances on why you're moving though as this could mean a smaller disconnection fee or a possible write off. You can speak to them on 150 / 0345 454 1111.

Let me know how the call goes.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos