Menu
aromancer
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Terminating Contract

Does anyone know how on the Virgin Media website you can terminate your contract?. Does it have to be in writing and does an e mail suffice?

I have been waiting 4 months since mid-August (yes, four months!)  to get connected having contracted  and have been met with broken promises and unfulfilled work by both Virgin sales team and the installation team and their partners.

Remarkably whilst my neighbour and I signed up on the same day in August they have had their installation completed three weeks ago. We have had complete silence.

Frankly I've had enough and am very disappointed. In this time both of my present suppliers for internet/TV and phone have come up with good offers which negate my moving anyway.

I cannot e-chat with anyone (chat lines always busy) and when I get through on the phone the people there do not seem empowered to do anything but whisper sweet nothings and ask me to wait "another 4 weeks". Meantime Xmas is coming and this goose is not getting any fatter.

Please some kind soul out there tell me what I should do to end the charade.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Terminating Contract

The short answer is ring in.

There are no option for cancellations either through the website or on email.

DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

ring in the best option it becuse it is not active account i hope you do not get fee on Terminating Contract

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
aromancer
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I'm afraid answers suggesting I "ring in" are not helpful. Over the past 4months I have "rung in" eight times ( I assume Virgin have them all recorded.) The answer every time (After a long wait) is to wait another 4 weeks. That I will do time up on January 16.

So ringing in is not an answer. I will simply write and cancel the contract.

If Virgin ask for a cancellation fee they can whistle. Based on their performance to date  I think I could successfully take them to the small claims court to have it thrown out.

Anyone coming from Virgin  in the New Year (after a 4 month plus wait and beyond the last promised date) to dig any holes in my garden to the house will be given short shrift.

I will re-contract with existing suppliers or find some Company reliable enough to complete the cabling job and have my business.

Sad story.

0 Kudos