Menu
ChrissP
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Terminally ill Parent - options to cancel service

Afternoon,

Having read some other posts on here, it looks like we aren't the only ones that have had issues with this sort of thing.

I'm an account holder at my own house, and so is my mother who lives alone in her own property. Due to an ongoing illness, I have always been able to help with decisions due to her capacity.

Shes spent the last 5 months in hospital and was discharged last week for palative end of life home care.

The package my mother subscribes to is almost completely unused, bar the home carers sometimes using the home phone to make calls and her emergency life line that connects through wifi.

I made contact with the online chat team to discuss my options, i had initially hoped to make an adjustment to the services.

Instead, i was offered what looked to be a copy and paste wording for the process of transferring the account into my name and signing a new 12 month agreement.

When i said that wasn't what i wanted, I was told that was the best outcome. That to me says there are multiple options - so why was i not offered any other options and just the one that gets Virgin Media a new 12 month contract?

My mother lives alone and she doesn't have many days left.

If someone could please let me know if this is actually the only option - in which case its quite disgusting I think, and would certainly not be looking to continue my own package with a firm without any family values. I do hope I've simply had 'the wrong' adviser on the wrong day.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Terminally ill Parent - options to cancel service

Hi ChrissP, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. I'd like to start by saying I am really sorry to hear about your mum. Smiley Sad

Anything we can do to make this hard time easier for you, we will. 

We'll need to take a look at this for you in more detail and in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos