Menu
squig007
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tarmac drive

Hi do virgin dig up drive if it's the only way to run cable to the house ?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tarmac drive

Simple answer - they will not. If they can't find an alternative way of getting the cable to you, you are in for trouble in being serviced. In this kind of case they will often surface run the cable over the drive to your house. You need to work on a way of making that run secure, can it run up against a wall to which the cable can be tacked?

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi squig007

Thanks for getting in touch with us about the tarmac drive and the options to cable.

As @HowardML mentioned, we would normally look for an alternative route to cable a customer for installation as most installations have a 1 man crew assigned for the work to be done. If a driveway dig is needed to route cabling for you this would be assessed by the engineer who comes out on the installation and if approved would arrange for a follow up 2 man crew to attend for this to be completed and the installation work done at a future date.

If you have any questions about a pending installation you may have with us then feel free to drop back to us on the forums and just give us a shout Smiley Happy

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
squig007
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Would I need to contribute to the cost of digging the drive ?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi squig007,

If this is the only method of connecting you to our service, then no charge for this will be incurred for you to pay.

Let me know if I can help with anything more,

Nat_J 

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos