Menu
BransonsConmen
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TRYING to cancel contract

How bad are Virgin's Customer Service? I've been trying to cancel my contract since it expired mid-Feb, as I had moved from the property before then and they do everything they can to prevent you from cancelling, claiming I can't cancel for various reasons. Today, the reason they claim they CANNOT cancel is that I have to give them the exact date of when I left the property. As I said I don't know the answer, they again said they cannot cancel. I then said "Let's say I moved out today then" and they responded by saying I am lying so they cannot cancel. This went on for ages and the Customer Service representative, Dominique from Newcastle became very rude and aggressive. I asked to speak to either her Line Manager or Complaints and she refused both requests, becoming even more aggressive and in the end I stated I would simply have to write a recorded delivery letter of complaint cancelling that way. Unbelievable customer service. I was actually embarrassed for Dominique if she is trained to treat customers so badly. Last thing I wanted, or needed, on a Sunday morning. Anybody else experienced such ludicrous questions when trying to leave?

0 Kudos
shanematthews
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TRYING to cancel contract

BransonsConmen wrote:

How bad are Virgin's Customer Service? I've been trying to cancel my contract since it expired mid-Feb, as I had moved from the property before then and they do everything they can to prevent you from cancelling, claiming I can't cancel for various reasons. Today, the reason they claim they CANNOT cancel is that I have to give them the exact date of when I left the property. As I said I don't know the answer, they again said they cannot cancel. I then said "Let's say I moved out today then" and they responded by saying I am lying so they cannot cancel. This went on for ages and the Customer Service representative, Dominique from Newcastle became very rude and aggressive. I asked to speak to either her Line Manager or Complaints and she refused both requests, becoming even more aggressive and in the end I stated I would simply have to write a recorded delivery letter of complaint cancelling that way. Unbelievable customer service. I was actually embarrassed for Dominique if she is trained to treat customers so badly. Last thing I wanted, or needed, on a Sunday morning. Anybody else experienced such ludicrous questions when trying to leave?

Start recording the call, ring up, give your 30 days notice to leave and then go on your merry way in a month, thats normally how cancellations work anyway, they have to accept your request to cancel, i mean they straight up can't legally refuse to let you cancel, if you're still in a minimum term contract they can impose fees but if you're not then all they can do is bill you for the remaining 30 days and then let you leave

0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

virgin media does record every call that comes in i would e-mail the ceo google it to complain sometimes being rude can get that person into alot of touble or maybe the sack or you can of said back to that person you want a p45 thats beens a sack and stop being rude and aggressive. sometimes they can change in 30 secs

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You'll Never Leave.jpg

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos