Menu
char2017
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TOR & New Contract

Hi there,

I spoke to your team and I have requested a Transfer of Responsibility Form.The tricky part is we have been sent a new contract in which we have 14 day to sign.

We want to keep the same account, offer etc but due to changes in our flat share we need to change the account holders name. 

Do we sign the contact first or wait for the TOR forms. How long does the TOR process take 

Many Thanks

Char

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TOR & New Contract

I'm not sure why they sent out a contract so early. As VM can refuse to allow someone to become the account holder (background checks are done.) The process is: request the forms, fill up the forms and return them in 14 days. The transfer process can take up to 31 days to complete. After the new account holder is accepted it is then that a new contract should be sent out for the person to sign.

Not that you can cancel anyway once you signed off to become the account holder and been accepted, as there's no cooling off period for ToR transfers.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
char2017
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply,

We were having problems with our internet so we have been sent a new hub, essentially an upgrade which is why we have the new contract.  On the phone I did state we wanted to do the TOR.

Seems backwards to sign the contract then do the TOR but I guess due to the time frame we may have to do it that way. 

Regards

Char

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

a new/replacement hub should not start a new contract

Tony
0 Kudos