Menu
AIRBORNE245
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Suspension of services

On Monday 20th February I paid my bill by phone, the operator told me the transaction had "all gone through", after 4 days I saw that the payment had not gone out of my account, so I logged into my account and paid again online.

On Friday 24th February I had to phone Virgin to report a fault on one of my Tivo boxes, I was put through to the collection service who told me my account was overdue, after going through the details with them they confirmed that the payment had been made but was not showing on my account for an unknown reason, they then put me through to faults and the fault was rectified.

The next morning my services were cut off, I telephoned customer services and was again put straight through to the collections department who once again found the payment and put my services back on instantly saying they did not know why the payment was not showing on my account as it had clearly been made.

On Sunday morning at 1:19 am I tried to log into the internet to find that my internet and TV services had once again been cut off, the problem was that I was due to fly with easy jet from Liverpool airport this morning for a 3 day break in France to celebrate my birthday, I was unable to retrieve my easy jet flight details, print my boarding pass or get my flight details, I phoned Liverpool airport but they were unable to help without my flight number or booking reference, at 2am I had no way of getting this information without my internet access but of course the Virgin helpline is closed at this time of the morning.

I missed my flights and my holiday but was lucky enough to be in a position to cancel my hotel without incurring any costs, I have however lost more than £150 in flight costs and lost my Birthday treat holiday.  (I do of course have written evidence of this booking with easyjet)

I called Virgin later that morning when their offices were open I was once again told that they did not know why the payment was not showing on my account and that they had received the payment so my services should not have been disconnected, they again returned my services instantly but the lady said she was unable to offer any compensation for the losses I incurred due to the mistake by Virgin Media.

What I want to know is ...... what are you going to do about it, telephoning you is a waste of time I am simply told that nothing can be done by the operator.  I would like to give you the chance to sort this problem before I take the matter through the small claims court for the re-imbursement of my expenses (flights) and for compensation for missing out on my Birthday treat a holiday to France. 

0 Kudos
Tudor
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Suspension of services

This is what happens when you rely on an ISP for your mail using IMAP not POP3.

Some tips are:

Keep a local copy of crucial documents on a PC, phone or tablet.

Keep a copy in the cloud

Pay by Direct Debit

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't
0 Kudos
AIRBORNE245
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Monday morning 1:30am my services went off again, when will this stop happening.

0 Kudos
AIRBORNE245
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

This is what happens when you rely on an ISP for your mail using IMAP not POP3.

I don't see the relevance of this advice since Virgin Media have not mailed me and without an internet connection that Virgin Media had switched off I don't know how to access my mail, please feel free to tell me how you do this.

Some tips are:

Keep a local copy of crucial documents on a PC, phone or tablet.

Assuming of course that you are not a War Pensioner with an income of just £874.00 per month and can afford a phone or tablet, which I cannot,

Keep a copy in the cloud

And then when you are unable to access your emails because Virgin Media has shut down your internet connection use the cloud because obviously the cloud doe not need an internet connection to access the information stored there ?

Pay by Direct Debit

Presuming you have a bank account with regular payments going into it or can afford to have savings in there to pay the direct debit, which I cannot.

Now I understand that there could be 10 types of people but since you only list 2 types I assume that you do not know the other 8 types so let me enlighten to you to a few more types,

There are those that trawl the internet forums seeking out posts where they can write in the hope of appearing superior to those that seek help and advice in order to feel better about themselves.  They are unable to offer any serious helpful advice but can pick faults with those that do post.

There are those that presume everybody has a decent lifestyle with adequate earnings to do the same things in life that they and that they must be stupid not to have these things putting it down to a lack of knowledge rather than a lack of income.

There are those that believe that everyone should agree with them unless they are stupid, hence the binary code quote when in truth binary code, whilst important makes no difference when it comes to having the other important traits such as compassion, intelligence, personality, a desire to help others, humanity and understanding.

Sadly there are those that have had things happen to them in their lives or not happen which makes them feel inadequate bringing with it an urge to make people think them better than they really are, they believe that if people think they are intelligent they will appear to be better than others of a lesser intelligence level and liked by more people a common misconception sadly.

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't

0 Kudos