Menu
Capt_Sarcastic
Dialled in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Street cabinet open

I've already reported an open street cabinet, but nothing's been done about it. It's outside 1 Masson Avenue, South Ruislip, HA4 6QU. The doors are propped up against it, but the wires are open to the elements and spilling out. This is a road leading to a school, so I don't think you want kids getting in there with the PSU and connections for the whole street. Surely it's better to get someone out to fix the doors now, than wait and have to fix all the connections for the whole street?
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Street cabinet open

Open & damaged cabs are an ongoing VM issue. There has been one open near me for over 4 weeks now, & despite both reporting it myself & having the Forum Team here follow it up, the cab still remains open.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Capt_Sarcastic, 

Thanks for your post and for taking the time to let us know about an open cabinet. 

You can report these sorts of issues by heading over to the Contact Us page. 

Select the options > Something Else > Reporting an open or damaged cabinet

It should lead you to this form: Reporting cabinet or manhole damage

Once reported, someone usually comes out with 48 hours to access the damage and get things repaired. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Capt_Sarcastic
Dialled in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Kath_F, but as I already said in my OP, I've already reported this via phone, and nothing's been done, hence reporting it here.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Capt_Sarcastic

Thanks for getting back in touch and for logging this with us.

I am sorry that this has not yet been looked at by our teams Smiley Sad

I would like to take this up with the Cabinet team to see if we can get this escalated for you.

I'm going to send a private message to you regarding this for some further details. If you could get back to me on this, then that would be fab!

You can find this in the envelope next to your forum name.

@nodrogd, I'm also going to drop a pm to you if this is still unresolved to chase this again for you.

Speak soon guys!

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
DominicWJM
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have also twice reported a cabinet open and no one has bothered to attend to it.

I last reported on 8/12/2016 at 08.56 and received a text with reference 19738574.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there DominicWJM,

Thanks for informing us about this.

Has anything been done to resolve this since posting?

Speak soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Crussell87
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have reported twice well 3 times including tonight plus also completed the online form last week for a cabinet which has been open since Christmas time.
Call centre told me earliest engineer was Feb.
I told them I don't think this is good enough and it benefits VM more than me and it's only a quick job to at least close the door.
Anyway called back on Sunday again was told 24-48 hours so thought ok now they understand me.
Today is Wednesday cabinet is still open!
Called up again and was told nearest engineer was end of Jan.
So I asked to speak to supervisor because I just don't think I am being understood or how simple it is to even just close the door especially when there's loads of VM vans living in the area I'm sure it would be hard for
Someone to close the door and then if your gonna check it do it whenever you want.
But the fact this door is still open is just bugging me as it so simple and I don't except Feb as good enough time for a resolution.
Bear in mind god know what is in there if a kid plays with it or water gets in.
Still not sure when this will get looked at.
Please can someone sensible prioritise or send engineers where needed just because it doesn't fit the spreadsheet of available engineers.
You'll soon be down here when the water or local yobs damage it so why not save yourselves some time and close the door.
Rant over
Thanks Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for letting me know about this Crussell87,

Really sorry to hear that this has yet to be resolved. Smiley Sad

I've sent you a private message so that we can confirm the location of the cabinet.

Speak to you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
MrHalfAsleep
Rising star
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

If you can get pictures of dodgy cabinets, check this out: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/A-competition-sorry-no-prizes/m-p/3272182#M2335...

--
The only winning move is not to play.
No system is 100% secure
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of - Adam Ant
The only thing constant - is change. Chris Evans
The internet is a series of tubes
0 Kudos