Menu
JammieDodger89
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Still waiting on installation after 5 weeks and 3 failed installs.

Hi,

I signed up for fibre broadband at the start of February with my install date being the 16th of February. Before this install, an engineer came to check the property to see if everything is good to go for the install and my partner was informed that the install could not go ahead due to a construction issue. This was fine except I was repeatedly informed that the install was still going ahead and on the day an engineer turned up only to tell me that there is an issue and a construction team would need to visit to fix said issue with my pavement outside. My install was automatically rescheduled to 2 weeks later without my confirmation and I only knew that there was an engineer coming the evening before the install. Once again the engineer turned up and could not complete the install due to the construction work still needing completed.

I do appreciate that this takes time due to planning permission etc so I was fine with waiting. 1 week after the second failed installation a construction team turned up outside the property and dug up the pavement outside my property to rectify the problem. Several days later the same engineer arrived to attempt a third install and still could not complete it as the construction crew had not done their job properly and done the wrong type of work that was asked of them!

After all 3 of these failed installs I called the customer helpline only to have calls that lasted 1 hour plus each time, and I was bounced about several different departments, and on 2 occasions I was told that I was going to be transferred to another department only to be disconnected while I was on hold, which I am very unhappy about.

Due to not getting anywhere with the customer helpline, I am posting here to see if there is anyone on the forums that can help me find out what is happening in regards to my install as when I am on my virgin media account trying to track my order, I get the message "Waiting for first available date" and nothing more. I feel like I am limbo at the moment as I do not know if my install is actually going to go ahead at all now.

Thanks,

Ian

0 Kudos
palbear
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Still waiting on installation after 5 weeks and 3 failed installs.

Hi mate

my daughter as just had a phone call to move her install date once again like yourself.

no explanation, just that the date is moving and in so many words, you will have to accept it.

crap customer services throughout the whole ordeal.

The only thing that went smoothly was the transaction to take the deposit.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey Ian

I appreciate this is not the best and I understand this is frustrating for you so thank you for taking the time to join us on the forums and to get in touch about the installation delays.

I've checked in with the construction teams and they have confirmed the initial construction crew that was booked  immediately after the install issues were picked up were unable to clear the blockage without requesting a carriageway dig to resolve a 1.5 metre issue where the blockage could not be cleared.

The permits for this have been approved and this is booked in for  6-8 weeks from the time the construction crews processed the templates on the 9th March.

To keep up to date with this with our Construction teams you can contact them directly via 0345 045 0595 and their opening hours are Mon-Sat 8:30am-7pm. Alternatively if you need us to update you going forwards just drop a post back on this thread and we can pick this up with the teams for you.

Please keep us posted on how this goes.

Thanks again.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
JammieDodger89
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

So I am now into week 7 of the 6 - 8 weeks that I was told it would take for works and I have still not received any information or news from Virgin and there has been no work completed in my street. Is the work still happening in this time frame or has it been pushed back yet again?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi JammieDodger89, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear things still haven't progressed as of yet.

I've spoken to the Pre Install team to find out where we are with this and they have come back with the following:

'Work is not completed yet. Install on hold. The work needed is a pull on the cables from street to the house. Also cabinet work and a dig in the road. Approval needed via permit which has been given and work is progressing.  Estimate of 2 weeks before we can release for install.'

I have updated the notes on the account to show you have chased this. 

If you're still waiting on contact in 2 weeks, come back and we will chase this again for you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
JammieDodger89
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

So well over two months later when I was told it would be two weeks and I still have not had any communication from anyone involved. This is seriously a joke. Can I cancel my order on these forums as I have completely given up with this company, bad practices all round. I signed a contract in FEBRUARY for fibre broadband and over HALF A YEAR LATER I am still being messed about. No phone call, no text, no email, nothing. I really hope this is not how Virgin treat all their customers. Absolutely ridiculous.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

HI JammieDodger89

Thanks for dropping back to us on the forums about the installation. I am sorry that this has taken so long to arrange for you.

Looking at this since you posted the pre install team have tried to get in touch and have booked this in for an installation for you in the very near future as the works needed have been completed.

If you are unaware of this pending connection date then if you can pop back to me on a PM and confirm for me:

• Your name
  • Your full address
  • If you are the account holder.

I'll be able to check back in with you to confirm the appointment booking.

To PM me, simply:

• Click on my forum PM link Karen_A

Hope to catch you soon Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos