Menu
TRG103
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Still waiting for an install almost 4 months after ordering

Hi,

I don't really know what to do any more, I've been having a nightmare trying to get Virgin to come and install my broadband package, and every time I try to contact I am told somebody will call me with an update, but they never do.

I first ordered my package on July 6th 2016, and was told I have to wait around 4 weeks for an install. The day came (which I took off work) and nobody showed up, I instead received an automated email saying it would be another 4-6 weeks. When that time came and went, I called up and was told it would be another 4-6 weeks. Of course that passed and my order still has an install date of 'TBC'. Now whenever I call I end up being put through to the pre-install team, who say they will get me an update ASAP, but never do.

What am I meant to do here? Nobody wants to give me any information about why there's a delay and I've gone almost 4 months in my new house without proper broadband.

0 Kudos
RyanC
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Still waiting for an install almost 4 months after ordering

Oh man I feel your pain, I have waited 14 weeks and 1 day for Virgin to pull a cable and (finally) connect it. If you are talking to the normal support they won't do anything for you (this has been confirmed with their lack of action for me over the weeks)

Not sure who you are calling, but the guys in the install team (hopefully not the same as your pre-install team) got things sorted within 48 hours of me complaining (thank you Robert!).

The number I used was: 0345 045 0596

Good luck!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi TRG103,

Welcome to the Forums and thanks for your post. I can only apologise that you've had a less than perfect journey since joining so far. 

It's not very often this happens however when it does happen, we try and get things moving as quickly as we can. 

Even though progress may seem slow to you, at this end there would have been multiple plans put in place. We'll need to create a plan for costs and submit this. After this has been approved, we then need to get the relevant permits from local councils. If these fail, we need to go back to the drawing board and try again. 

I understand it's frustrating however checking the account today I can see all the construction work has been completed and an installation date has now been set Smiley Happy

Come back and let us know how it goes and if you have any further questions beforehand, let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
TRG103
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well, I'd like to say that everything is well, but it's not. Today was my installation date, for which I've taken a day off work, and nobody showed up.

I called the pre-install team, who could not tell me any more information other than, you guessed it, 'construction issues'. This is despite me being told by email, phone, and in this forum thread that all of these are resolved. Nobody contacted me about this to tell me that the install was not happening. The pre-install team gave me the number of an engineer, and when I called him he also told me that there were 'construction issues' and somebody will be in touch.

What the hell is going on here? It's now been over 4 months and STILL I'm being given the run-around.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi TRG103

My apologies that the installation did not go ahead on Friday as planned.

I've taken a look at this for you and the construction was completed but the pre pull teams picked up on a Wayleave issue when they checked on the 10th.

They did send a text to you to advise regarding this and I am very sorry if this did not get through to you. They also tried calling on the day and the notes show someone picked up the call and then the call was dropped.

I appreciate that this is a further delay and am very sorry that the Wayleave issues that were picked up which require permissions for us to do the drilling necessary to install you have pushed this install date forwards.

If you’ve not been given the new install date just let us know and we can confirm this for you.

Please keep in touch if you need anything else.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
spell
Well-informed
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Any wayleave issues should have been identified and addressed before giving an undertaking to provide a connection and not at this stage - it could drag on for a long time even assuming that wayleave authority is actually agreed.

0 Kudos