Menu
Dave606
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Still not received termination notice email confirmation!

Ok, so I gave my contract termination notice last Friday specifically stating it was due to price rises.  As part of this process I requested that such confirmation was detailed and sent by email to reflect all services will be terminated and the reason being due to price rises to which retentions said they would do right away.  

I'm currently away and catching up with my emails and notice no such email as agreed by retentions has been sent.  In fact no email regarding my cancelling our services has been received what so ever.  All I have in any form is a track order on my online account that states services will terminate on 30th of November.

Sorry, this is not good enough and not the information I requested and retentions confirmed I'd receive.  As firstly the online account track order for service termination for the 20th November details nothing.  It doesn't detail that all services will be cancelled or the reason given & accepted as being due to price rises to clarify and confirm I'll not be liable for any early termination notice costs.

So I'm requesting both my online account is updated to reflect this and that the promised email detailing and confirming the same is also sent.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Still not received termination notice email confirmation!

Dave606 wrote:

Ok, so I gave my contract termination notice last Friday specifically stating it was due to price rises.  As part of this process I requested that such confirmation was detailed and sent by email to reflect all services will be terminated and the reason being due to price rises to which retentions said they would do right away.  

I'm currently away and catching up with my emails and notice no such email as agreed by retentions has been sent.  In fact no email regarding my cancelling our services has been received what so ever.  All I have in any form is a track order on my online account that states services will terminate on 30th of November.

You'll get the email on or shortly after the termination date provided to you, but not before then.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Dave606
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes, but I both requested and was assured by retentions last Friday that I'd receive email confirmation detailing that I'd give termination notice for all services due to price rise and to clarify that I'd therefore not be liable for an early termination fee.  I'd also requested that the online account also reflect the same, to clarify that all services will terminate due to not accepting the price rises and that I'd therefore not be liable for any early termination fee.  Not an unreasonable request.

As it is, I've received nothing or had anything clarified by VM despite being assured I would.  A track order status that simply states "service termination" details & clarifies nothing.  In no way should I or any other such customer be expected to wait until after the termination date to see if all services has been terminated as requested or until or after that point to see if the reason they have processed was as given, due to price rises to clarify no early termination fee would be charged.    Will possibly give them a call when we get back home later I think to re request the clarification retentions assured me I'd receive.

0 Kudos
Dave606
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

And to add insult to this based on my above posts, since giving my termination notice last week awaiting confirmation of the account termination details as assured from retentions I would receive, I've had calls on my mobile from  0800 408 9340 which hangs up when I answer.   And noticed when I'd returned home today from being away I'd had multiple calls from the same number on the house phone.  Guess what,  0800 408 9340 from a Google search seems to be Virgin Media marketing calls!.  Never had such calls before to remember, but as soon as I give notice to terminate we get marked for VM marketing calls.

0 Kudos
NOMORECALLS
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have the very same experience as above. I terminated contract due to price rise. No confirmation at all, except in virgin media account, the date of termination. Since I called to terminate due to price rise, they call me every single day from 0800 408 9340 and from 0800 052 2160 too. I told them each time I don't change my mind whatever they say. Still calling me every day...

The more calls I receive, the more likely I will just never use any virgin media service ever again.

And also need a confirmation about the termination being charge free.

0 Kudos