Menu
Captainpugwash
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Speed increase = price increase

Have any for you folks noticed that every time virgin tell us they are doing us a big favour by increasing our broadband speed for free ?

Then a few weeks later we get a price increase seems strange to me that this happens .

So as a pensioner and on fixed income the last increase was just one to far for me so i am out of contract so have now been forced to disconnect from virgin we only had broadband no tv no phone

What annoyed me the most was that we did not get any notification of price increase and when i questioned this they insisted they had sent us a letter but i do see many others are saying they also did not recieve any notification of increase in price , i asked why was it not sent via e mail like they send all the other spam and offers and could not give me an answer !

When i phoned to ask why i had got this price rise after only just sorting out a mistake in billing in october and was assured that the price then would take me through to april 2017 and got an e mail to confirm this i was amazed that november the price went up why was i not told in october that a price increase was on the way ?

we have all read the efforts by the gov to try and get folks online with broadband but why compainies do not offer a very basic package to those whom may be unemployed or on very limited income for broadband i do not know but now see BT is starting this for low income users so will now see what thier offer is

Been with virgin since it was diamond cable but going now just because of cost alone which we can no longer afford

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Speed increase = price increase

You are using your many years of experience to do what everyone should do - ensure that the services you buy represent good value for money.

I do, however, take you up on one point. Far from pensioners being on fixed income, they are the only segment of society in the UK today with a guaranteed increase in income, currently outstripping inflation.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Prices go up every where with all ISP VM are the only one that seem to offset this by always putting speeds up.
Without the speeds going up you would still have the price rise. You could always drop to a lower package when they do this and you will be getting close to the speeds you had before at a cheaper price.
0 Kudos
Captainpugwash
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi apcyberax  . in reply to your post we are on the lowest speed possible according to virgin and we do not have phone or tv .

0 Kudos
Captainpugwash
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ernie _C to reply to your post this pensioner does not get the rises like all others because i paid for my own pension overseas so do not get anything from this govenment at all my pension is fixed and only will change when the wife becomes a pensioner so we do not benefit from any index linked increases

0 Kudos