Menu
deans6571
Super solver
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Speed Boost Offer gone?? :(

A few weeks ago, when signing into Virgin Media (link in top right of screen), and going to 'My Offers', I could see the free speed boost to 150Mb or 200Mb, however, today, the only offers I am getting are these:

VM Offers.JPG

Where has my free speed boost offer gone???

Smiley Indifferent

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Speed Boost Offer gone?? :(

All the free speed upgrades I've had available showed on the first page you see after signing into My VM http://virg.co/myVM with my primary My VM account. It should show a big banner saying that you free speed upgrade is available. Don't you see it listed there? Also, have you recontracted recently? If you have, you are no longer eligible for the free speed upgrade and won't see it any longer.

If not, call in about it and go with the Retentions option or Option 4 -> Option 1 from the main menu to request it or ask via the Webchat for it.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

All the free speed upgrades I've had available showed on the first page you see after signing into My VM http://virg.co/myVM with my primary My VM account. It should show a big banner saying that you free speed upgrade is available. Don't you see it listed there? Also, have you recontracted recently? If you have, you are no longer eligible for the free speed upgrade and won't see it any longer.

If not, call in about it and go with the Retentions option or Option 4 -> Option 1 from the main menu to request it or ask via the Webchat for it.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
deans6571
Super solver
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Shelke wrote:

..DOH Smiley EmbarassedSmiley Very Happy  I have just realised that it does indeed STILL show the banner: Previously, I just clicked on the "My Upgrades and Offers" link at the very top, which takes you to a different page  - no wonder I didn't see the banner!!!

Thanks for your help.

Smiley Wink

Look like I will have to talk to the web chat team.

kevinV
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Dont sign up for vivid 200 if you are on the old 152 stay there its more reliable.  I have had vivid 200 for a few years and have only reached download speeds over 100mb twice in all that time.  I thgink virgin are advertising a divide by 10 system Vivid 300 will probably only get you 30Mb

0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

well with the speeds you get lower speeds in peek times thats 4pm to 1am weekdays and weekends and they know that problem which and take long time to sort out before everyones speeds stay the same all the time

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
kevinV
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Gamer 200 has probably dropped the speeds for us not willing to pay a premium ontop of the small fortune we already pay for vivid200 with average download speeds of around 20mb. Watch your speed over time it will begin to drop like mine did. I suspect virgin get you 8n with a false promise of 200. Average speed tested outside busy hours 1 ti 5am
0 Kudos