Menu
JDarg
Settling in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sort Code not accepted by Virgin

Hi everyone!

Not sure if anyone can help but I will give it a try, I am a new customer ( Broadband), will be going live soon which is fine I have until 15th to pay, I have contacted Virgin at least 10 times through phone and online chat but no one can help me, they keep saying my sort code does not exist. 

I have many direct debits set up with the information from 5+ companies who all have had no issues accepting the information. I have even gone onto Sort Code checker websites, 2 of them both come back it is valid with the correct bank information. It feels like I am beating a dead horse at this point and have no idea where to go from here. 

Any help however small would be appreciated 

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sort Code not accepted by Virgin

Don't know about this but could it be a bank that VM refuses to do business with for some reason?  It is a mainstream bank or something a bit obscure?

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
JDarg
Settling in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the quick reply. I am with Barclays 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi JDarg, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community.

I'm hoping since posting you have been able to get the direct debit set up? If not and you are still having an issue, pay your first bill via card. Once the balance is clear, you will then be able to set up the direct debit yourself online via My Virgin Media. 

This link will help you do that: Paying for Broadband, TV and Phone by Direct Debit

Let me know how things go Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos