Menu
Jenonnet
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports free for 6 weeks - isn't happening!

Has anyone else had emails telling them they are being given Sky Sports free for 6 weeks? If so, have you got the free Sky Sports?

I've had two emails now, last week and this week, but we still have not got Sky Sports on our package.

What's the sense of telling you that you've been given something when you haven't??!!  Smiley Sad

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Sky Sports free for 6 weeks - isn't happening!

Genuine email but badly implemented. See this post for how to refresh your channels to get access.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV/Free-sky-sports-for-6-weeks/m-p/3315236#U3315236
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Have you gone through the channel refresh route detailed in the thread I linked to?

All Replies
StevoMC
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have had these emails also but nothing yet. I did tweet virginmedia 2 days ago but no reply.......Is it a hoax?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@ModTeam can you ask someone to look into this.  There are a number of posts now stating the same thing.

Ravenstar68

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Genuine email but badly implemented. See this post for how to refresh your channels to get access.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV/Free-sky-sports-for-6-weeks/m-p/3315236#U3315236
Jenonnet
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I have just checked and we definitely haven't got any Sky Sports channels except the talk ones that we already had. Not in HD or Standard.

I've even done a search and gone onto the Sky Sports channel, only to get the message that it is only for subscription users and cannot be displayed without a subscription.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Have you gone through the channel refresh route detailed in the thread I linked to?
Jenonnet
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

We now have lift off!!  I followed the instructions below and we now have Sky Sports channels in SD (it tells you they are only in SD in the email), it also says that at the end of the 6 weeks, if you don't contact them to ask for it to be added to your package, it will be taken off and your previous package channels will remain.

Try this, hope it works for you too........

1. Press Home on your remote
  2. Select Help & Settings
  3. Select Help
  4. Select TV Care from the top bar
  5. Select Missing channels
  6. Select Refresh my channel list to check for missing channels, and to get your TiVo box automatically updated if they are missing

Wait 15 minutes, then check to see if you now have the channels, if not, restart your Tivo box.

0 Kudos
majudaem
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

could someone sort this please as it is t working  thanks to people who said refresh the list etc still nothing, along with the terrible TiVo box someone was looking into changing for me and I haven't heard back from.

why do I stay with Virgin!

0 Kudos