Menu
Stu22
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports Removed But Still Charged

Hi - I recently requested to cancel my subscription as of 3rd February. The call centre agreed to carry this out.

I attempted to access the Sky Sports app yesterday and was informed I don't have access to it. I called up and it was explained to me that this was an error from Virgin and the chap would resolve it within the hour.

Several hours later, the fault was not resolved. I called back and it was explained to me that there had not been a fault as had initially been explained, but there was a different fault and this would be resolved before 8am today.

The fault was not resolved. I still didn't have access to the Sky Sports app.

i called up again this morning. The fourth person I spoke to explained I had all my service cancelled.

i explained how I had provided my 30 days notice and this was agreed,to be cut off on 4th February. The lady said she understood but that they had cut the services off early, but were still charging me. I asked her to confirm I understood correctly.

The lady confirmed this was correct. My services had been cut off, but I was still being charged as it was assumed I wanted the services removed, whilst still paying for them.

The lady apologised and said the Sky Sports app would work again.

It still doesn't work.

Can you help, please? Can you also confirm why I was being charged when my service had been removed, please?

Could you arrange for me to have access to the Sky Sports app I'm paying for today, please.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports Removed But Still Charged

If I am reading your post correctly, almost a year ago (February 2016) you had problems accessing Sky sports. So you gave up and cancelled all of your VM services, providing 30 days notice - ("The fourth person I spoke to explained I had all my service cancelled. I explained how I had provided my 30 days notice and this was agreed,to be cut off on 4th February.")  Since you cancelled you won't have any access to Sky Sports through VM and you shouldn't be getting charged by VM any longer. In the event that you're call in about it, the account closure likely didn't happen it when it should have. You'll be refunded the amount you were charged for when you shouldn't have been.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Stu22
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi - thanks for your response.

Apologies if I didn't explain correctly.

i called in and cancelled on 23 December 2016. Virgin explained if I wanted to avoid an extra charge, they would process the cancellation from 4 January 2017 (start of 30 day notice period) and the service would cut off and I would stop paying for it on 4th February 2017.

The service should all end on 4th February 2017.  However, it has ended now, but I have been told I am expected to pay for it until 4th February 2017.

Could somebody from Virgin help, please? Could you also let me know how I can get a refund/compensation for the period where I have been without the service I am paying for, please.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

That's much clearer.

Early disconnections have been known to happen when they shouldn't.  You'd need to call back in as its an account closure matter, ring 0345 454 1111 from anyone. From the menu go with Option 4 -> Option 5.  They can reactivate your services if you want them to reinstate the requested disconnection schedule. But if you don't want that, you can discuss with them what refund you're due and how that will factor in to any final billing matters (if any are applicable.)

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos