Menu
pd53
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports 30 day cancellation

I called Virgin Media to cancel my Sky Sports package and was informed that it takes 30 days for it to be removed. I understand that this may have been in terms and conditions when I added the Sports package to my tv service, however in this day and age when my Sky Sports channels were added within seconds of my phone call I find it difficult to understand why it is necessary for me to wait 30 days for them to be removed. This leads to me paying for an unwanted 30 days of this subscription.

Can you please explain to me why this 30 day period is in your terms and conditions and why I should not be able to cancel this package instantly?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports 30 day cancellation

simple answer is:money! since it also brings in the issue of people calling up saying want sky sports for x days and then calling back in a few days later doing the same.

----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I am sure that, on Virgin, there was a time when you could just phone up and cancel there and then. However, they are Sky channels and I believe that that they insisted that VM fall in to line with their own thirty day cancellation period.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi pd53, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're unhappy with the terms Smiley Sad

We did use to be able to remove the channels right away however this was against Sky's terms. We've now brought the 30 day notice period in line with Sky. 

Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
regentroad5
Dialled in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

This also seems to apply if you cancel BT Sports.

0 Kudos