Menu
Superuser
Superuser
Message 11 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Silver Terminator Cap

There should be terminator caps in the packaging sent to return equipment. Beware, however, as they are small items.

0 Kudos
StuartL
Settling in
Message 12 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Well I’ve just boxed up my VM box to go back to VM and in the instructions it advises you ‘to disconnect white coaxial cable and replace with terminator cap’ I’ve done just that and replaced the white cable connector screwing the cap onto the VM Box and put it all inside the return packaging.
Reading this thread I’m thinking I should have put the caps on the ends of the white cable to protect my neighbours from interference and kept them!
When I terminated the Virgin deal I expected all connections to become dead so that I can remove all of their cabling from around the outside walls of my house
Question 1: Can I do this?
Question 2: Where do I get 2 terminator caps if I need to connect these to the white cables that are left inside my house?
Thanks for any help offered
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 13 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi StuartL, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. Smiley Happy 

It's not super important to connect the caps. Especially if you are planning to remove the cabling from within the property. You can cut the cables however we wouldn't look at sending anyone out to do this for you. 

If you need any further help, let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos