Menu
BUTCHYBOY
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Signed up with Friends and Family discount but getting charged full amount?

Got a recommendation from my mate for 50meg broadband, basic tv and line rental for £15 a month with £50 credit and getting charged £43 a month  when logged into Virgin? Is this just the usual as will just cancel? Cheers

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Signed up with Friends and Family discount but getting charged full amount?

I signed up to a deal via a recommendation and my account showed the regular monthly fee.  About a week after being connected a credit was applied to my account which was the difference between the standard package price and the price I had been offered.

How long ago did you get your services connected ? - You may also need to wait until you receive your first bill before you see the adjustment.

Alternatively you may want to ask on Live Chat after logging into your online account for confirmation on the deal.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

From reading there is an email thing you both need to do for it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
BUTCHYBOY
Joining in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

What email thing would that be. do you know? Got first bill there yesterday £86 (don't think so!)
0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Is this an actual bill that has been produced or are you referring to the 'Current Balance' amount ?

If you have only recently signed up it may say about the figure 'Hi! It looks like you're new here as we haven't billed you for anything yet. When you do get billed, your bill information will appear here'.

Please confirm.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
BUTCHYBOY
Joining in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Latest Bill Bill total: £86.52
Bill date: 02 March 2017

Bill balance: £0.00
Due by: 22 March 2017
0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I think your best bet would be to give their retention/loyalty team a telephone call (choose the option for leaving Virgin Media to get through to them) to see what has happened.  I would assume that your deal has been noted on your account so it should be fairly straightforward for them to check this and then make the necessary amendments.

Please reply back and let us know how you get on.

-

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Why-can-t-I-see-my-50-referral-disco...

Post there from the forum team explaining the process and showing the link you need to click to link the accounts.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
BUTCHYBOY
Joining in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Online chat said that because phone has not been connected (meant to be tomorrow) that will then automatically change back to normal dioscount. Anyone know if this is correct or runaround?

Cheers

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Mine didn't show the monthly discount until after I was activated.
-

0 Kudos