Menu
nabs1980
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Shocking experience with Customer retentions - has it been outsourced?

Just rang up on behalf of my parents as they have been getting their backsides spanked by Virgin, with the intention of negotiating a better deal. Was advised by not one but two very rude individuals in the same department that the best price they could do was still too expensive. So asked to process a cancellation from today with 30 days notice, this went through without a hitch.

Now here comes the interesting part I have just got off the call with Sky, and guess what............. not only can they smash Sky out of the water by up to nearly 50%, because of our distance from the exchange by my calculations we will be sitting roughly around the 35mbps speed. Now whilst we were on 100mbps connection with VM because they had previously refused to change the superhub without renewing the contract, never do we achieve this speed so it's not such a loss to deal with when saving 50%.

The rudeness of the advisors I spoke to took me by shock, in the past when I have negotiated either for my own account or my parents I have always felt valued as a customer. Managing to secure a better deal for renewing a contract, but not this time........... so its bye bye VM hello Sky........ better tv package slight reduction in broadband speed but saving 50% cash.......YES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! 

0 Kudos
NickNewark
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Shocking experience with Customer retentions - has it been outsourced?

I had a call with retentions as well, although not rude, they were not able to offer anything, and i asked about leaving, and the response was if that's what you would like to do, we can start the process today, but did go on to ask me who i was going to move to and then tell me all the reasons i would regret it!
0 Kudos
NickNewark
Superfast
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

To be fair I have spoken to retentions again today and they have sorted a great deal to stay, so credit were it's due, my loyalty has been rewarded.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello nabs1980 and welcome to the community,

I'm sorry to hear of the experience you had when calling to arrange a better deal for your parents which ended in a cancellation, I can understand your disappointment. 

As a business we aim to offer a very high level of service whilst remaining competitive in the market. Unfortunately we recognise isn't always possible based on various offers from our competitors and a wide range of customer needs.

We'll be sure to pass on your comments regarding your experience to the relevant area of the business in order to help make improvements where needed and hope you'll consider us again in the future.

All the best, 

Michael_JK
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos