Menu
pstobbart
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Services cut off

Hi,
Is anyone else receiving their bill via email the day after the bill is due? It's starting to get to me because nobody seems to understand what I'm trying to explain when I've called.
Basically I get an email on 24th saying payment is due on 23rd and then service cut off even though I paid as soon as I received the bill. I know it can take time to update the system, but the phone message says 2-4 hours but it's been 17 hours and still no service! (And yes I've connected to the TiVo service countless times to update status)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Services cut off

It takes up to 24 hours for services to be reconnected, not including any bank holidays/etc which probably can extend the wait period. Regarding the dates mentioned, are they for the same month? I.E. VM email you late about your bill needing paid after the bill due by date has already passed? If so, that shouldn't be happening.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
pstobbart
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi shelke,

Merry Christmas!

Yeah the bills are for the same month, it happens every month. It infuriated me that I had paid to stay under my credit limit so that my son could actually use the internet for his new gifts like the Xbox, but before the payment could be put on my account, my service was suspended. I have just been on the phone again, speaking to somebody who again didn't understand me or what I was trying to explain. He said it's 24 hours however the automated message says 2 hours to update system and 4 hours if services have been suspended. All the guy could say was phone back tomorrow, and he wasn't giving me false information. Any question I had was "phone back tomorrow" so he really was no help at all. I did tell him I would call back tomorrow, but it would be to cancel my virgin contract. Miraculously by the time I had a cigarette, my services were back on!

I'd show you a screen grab of the bill with a received date but can't post an image here
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi pstobbart, thanks, you too - merry Christmas Cat Happy

It goes to show complaining does work, they went in and hurried up the reactivation of it. I've seen some other posts which mention being informed that services get turned back on quickly when in fact they had to wait up to 24 hours (which is the norm.) It seems odd to give people high expectations that services will be restored quickly when it likely won't be. I'll ask privately about that and get some feedback passed along.

Maybe the Forum Team here can look into what's wrong with the billing notification on your account, but there won't be staff around until the 27th.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi pstobbart, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're having an issue with your bill payments. 

Checking the account it looks as though you are behind so each bill you're paying is actually for the month previous. This is why you're then having a restriction placed on the account. 

Your best bet is to pay the total balance off in one go. Once this is at £0, set up a Direct Debit so your payments are taken on a date that suits you. This way you won't miss any payments and there'll be no interruption to your service Smiley Happy

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos