Menu
jcg80
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Service supposed to go live on 16th January; still no service

I signed up for a 200Mb/s fibre service (no phone or TV) in December, and my service was supposed to go live on the 16th of January. I already had a line fitted in my premises.

When the day came, I plugged in my router, but it was reporting that there was no line. So an engineer visit was booked, and he determined that the line was damaged outside of my property, and that a 'two man' engineer visit was required. So he booked this in, but when the day came, it was a single 'domestic' engineer that turned up, and it turned out that the wrong type of visit had been booked.

So finally, I was due to have a proper 'two man' visit last Saturday (February 27th). Because I work from home and rely on internet connectivity, I cancelled my engagements for that afternoon (which included one of my son's friends' birthday party) because I was eager to get this sorted out once and for all.

Unfortunately, nobody turned up after waiting in all afternoon. During the afternoon I made several calls to the customer service line and was assured that the engineers would definitely be visiting and that they were just running late. The last time I called was approximately 6pm and the person that I spoke to told me that there had been some sort of mixup and that I will be receiving a phone call from the engineer on the next working day. So far, I've received no phone call as promised, and at this point I'm feeling pretty annoyed at the dire service that I've been receiving from Virgin Media. 

I switched over from TalkTalk where I had experienced a very reliable service with no donwtime and generally positive experiences with customer service, but I expected even better from VM after reading positive reviews. My sole reason for switching to VM was the faster line speed. I have had to pay for an expensive 'mifi' service from 3 to keep me connected to the internet since my TalkTalk service was disconnected, even though I scheduled a 'crossover' period so that my TT service would be life for a couple of weeks after the VM service went live in case of any problems (as I previously mentioned, I rely on an internet connection for work) But it's costing me a fortune and every time I'm promised that my VM line will be repaired, it keeps getting pushed back further and further with no resolution in sight.

Could a member of staff please look into this for me and let me know what is going on, when I can expect it to be fixed, and I'd also like some compensation for all of this stress and hassle. If that's not possible then I would like to cancel. I was offered a VERY attractive package by TalkTalk after I requested to cancel my service, but that was only available up until the day of disconnection, which has now long expired, which again I'm quite aggrieved about. If I had known what was in store from Virgin I would have stayed with TT.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Service supposed to go live on 16th January; still no service

vm take a week or more to get to threads so if you want quicker answers its back to the phone or chat - even when they get here they are not going to be able to do much other than confirm the info you have

a repull of the cable is as they say a 2 man job and they dont happen quickly - a couple of weeks minimum to 6 or more weeks seems to be the norm - call backs seem to never happen or rarely - why i have no idea

Tony
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Service supposed to go live on 16th January; still no service

Hi jcg80

I appreciate that your installation has had some issues and although this is not the best start with us, I'd like to thank you for taking the time to let us know about this on the community.

I can see since you posted to us you have spoken to my colleagues and they are supporting you with this which is great.

If you need us to chase anything else for you or look into this any further for you then please just let us know and we will do what we can to help out.

Thanks again.

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos