Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 14 (315 Views)

Service availability

Just wanted to share my experience with you.

I decided to leave BT as Virgin Media became available in my area.

All I wanted was faster internet.

Waited few months for my contract with BT to expire and made an order for new installation with VM . Few days before installation two guys came to my house and after 5 minutes told me I couldn't have it.Apparently my house (and altogether 7 other houses) was too far from cabinet.

Luckily I didn't cancel my BT as I had a feeling it might have happened.

Be aware and don't trust them.Keep your existing contract until you know you can have it.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Forum Team
Message 5 of 14 (306 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by jermako
‎06-06-2017 12:37

Re: Service availability

Hi jermako

Thanks for popping back with your check in to me on your PM about the status of the cabinet update for us to look at the possible connection for you. When I checked with the Cabinet teams about this for you in March/April they came back to me (after a while) to state this was something our install teams need to support with.

I can see that you spoke to the teams yesterday about this and they have updated you too.

I've checked in with our Pre Install teams as a matter of courtesy for you today and they have confirmed that for me to raise this further for you, which I would like to do, to contact the area managers.

I have emailed the area managers and asked that they look into this for you and me and as soon as they get back to me I'll be back in touch.

Kind regards

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

Forum Team
Message 8 of 14 (174 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by jermako
‎26-06-2017 12:16

Hi Jarek

Thanks for sticking with us on this.

I've had some encouraging news and hopefully on the back of this we may see results for you. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I've been passed to an area manager to see if this is viable before I say more Smiley Happy

I'll keep you posted as always

Many thanks

Kaz

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Message 2 of 14 (302 Views)

As Virgin are the only provider using a seperate network to BT, there is always the possibility of unforseen issues (blocked or missing ducting etc). So I always advise prospective customers to overlap their services if moving to VM.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

On our wavelength
Message 3 of 14 (274 Views)

There is definitely about 100 yards of ducting missing.

Over the last 6-12 months me and 3 of my neighbours tried to get Virgin Media Broadband with no success.

Would you be able to help me with reporting it to the correct department so they know there is few houses now that would definitely join them if it was possible?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 4 of 14 (255 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi jermako

Thanks for getting in touch with us about the options to join us if there is no cabling present currently.

As there's no cabling network there currently, then this may need to be logged with the Cable My Street team.

If the services are showing currently as a potential new address to connect but they cannot be connected due to the cabling issue, then this might be something I can flag internally for you.

I'm going to drop a pm to you for me to get the details I need and you can find that in the swanky looking purple envelope up top that

looks like this:

If you could get back in touch with me, that would be fab Smiley Happy

Take care.

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 5 of 14 (307 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by jermako
‎06-06-2017 12:37

Hi jermako

Thanks for popping back with your check in to me on your PM about the status of the cabinet update for us to look at the possible connection for you. When I checked with the Cabinet teams about this for you in March/April they came back to me (after a while) to state this was something our install teams need to support with.

I can see that you spoke to the teams yesterday about this and they have updated you too.

I've checked in with our Pre Install teams as a matter of courtesy for you today and they have confirmed that for me to raise this further for you, which I would like to do, to contact the area managers.

I have emailed the area managers and asked that they look into this for you and me and as soon as they get back to me I'll be back in touch.

Kind regards

Karen_A
Forum Team

On our wavelength
Message 6 of 14 (125 Views)

Hi Karen,

It's been 3 months since the engineer's visit.

I will have to decide soon whether to sign a new contract with existing provider.

Can you please find out if they are going to connect us or not?

Kind regards,

Jarek

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 7 of 14 (101 Views)

Hi Jarek

Thanks for the chaser.

I've tried a different route for you now as I was getting nowhere via the route I was advised to look into this for you so fingers crossed I'll be able to find out a little more for you soon.

If you don't hear back from me by next week please pop back as your posts are a reminder for us. Given we are constantly chasing things for many, many, customers, the reminders on the forum from you are invaluable to us.

Thanks again

Kaz

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 8 of 14 (175 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by jermako
‎26-06-2017 12:16

Hi Jarek

Thanks for sticking with us on this.

I've had some encouraging news and hopefully on the back of this we may see results for you. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I've been passed to an area manager to see if this is viable before I say more Smiley Happy

I'll keep you posted as always

Many thanks

Kaz

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 14 (84 Views)

Thx a lot Karen!
Fingers crossed Smiley Wink
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 10 of 14 (70 Views)

Hey Jarek

Nothing yet so I've popped a little higher up the chain on email and I'll let you know what I'm advised once I get a response Smiley Wink

Take care and speak soon!

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos