Menu
EveH
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Same customer query yet I get charged

I am moving out of my shared professional house. When I moved in I was asked to take over the internet from someone who was leaving, he had only opened his account a few months previously.

When he rang to do a TOR he was advised instead to close his account and refer me to open an account, which was great as it was free. When I rang for the same thing I was told to either pay £240 for an early disconnection fee or to pay £20 for a TOR (which I am not sure we will have the evidence of living here for 6 months as it is rented accommodation and everyone has kept their accounts etc at home addresses.) I asked why it was different from the service he had, I was told 'he was out of contract', I said he had his account for a similar length of time to me but was repeated told 'he was out of contract' and not allowed to know when he started his account out of confidentially, which I understand. What I do not understand is how she knew his account as his was closed and mine opened separately? And how he was 'out of contract' and I am not when he only had his account for a few months? 

This differing service is disjointed with the previous good experience which led me to believe I would receive the same - especially as at the time the man on the phone told me I would be able to refer someone else when I wanted to move out.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Same customer query yet I get charged

Hi EveH

Many thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us about the Transfer Of Responsibility experience and thanks too for joining us on the community forums Smiley Happy

The £20 administration fee should be payable by the person taking over the account not the person who is moving out. I am unsure as to why in the first instance this was waived as this is a standard administration cost that is applicable to cover the set-up of the new account and credit check costs etc.

If you need to discuss this further with our teams then please pop back to them either via 150 or 0345 454 1111 or via Webchat  where our teams can clear security with you and look into this further.

Keep us posted on how this goes and if you need anything else just give us a shout Smiley Very Happy

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos