Menu
PeteH
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sales men door to door

just had a Virginmedia salesman at the door. Would it not be a good idea that they know what packages customers are on and what they had complained about? In my case very happy with everything except mobile signal. Showed him why I might be moving mobile and all he said was I am not technical.

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sales men door to door

PeteH wrote:

just had a Virginmedia salesman at the door. Would it not be a good idea that they know what packages customers are on and what they had complained about? In my case very happy with everything except mobile signal. Showed him why I might be moving mobile and all he said was I am not technical.

But was he a genuine VM salesman or a scammer?

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
PeteH
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No idea, he had an ID card. But if he is fake VM need to warn us or train their staff.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi PeteH, 

Thanks for your post and we'll certainly feed your comments back to the team. 

Our Sales Agents aren't given any personal information relating to your account and are Sales agents. 

For technical issues you would need to speak to the team. If it's a mobile issue then the number you need is 789 / 0345 600 0789. If you're also a Virgin Media customer, call 150 / 0345 454 1111 Smiley Happy

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
PeteH
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If the salesperson does not know if the is trying to get a new Virginmedia customer or upgrading an existing customer he has not been well briefed.

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

PeteH wrote:

If the salesperson does not know if the is trying to get a new Virginmedia customer or upgrading an existing customer he has not been well briefed.

If you want your personal data handed out to someone who might be with VM today and some other company tomorrow then so be it.

They had better not do that with my personal data.  And who the hell would actually deal with a door-to-door salesman these days?

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
PeteH
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If they are not fully paid and responsible employees then why do they waste their time knocking on my door?

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

PeteH wrote:

If they are not fully paid and responsible employees then why do they waste their time knocking on my door?

I fail to see the point you are making. My point is that door-to-door salesman seem to be employed under various types of employment arrangements and consequently may switch from one company to another as they see fit. I would not want people with this arrangement having access to my data.

I question VM using the whole door-to-door business model but, while they are employed by VM then they can negotiate a contract with potential customers but don't need any data on current customers, just a list of non-customers.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos