Menu
CUU
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Rubbish customer service

As a pensioner, I am trying to reduce TV, Phone, and Broadband costs. At present I am paying £90 plus per month (and rising). I would like to bring down the costs by reducing TV and Broadband package to the basics, and ditching call waiting and talk unlimited on the phone.

However, on contacting customer service at Virgin, I spoke to some "person" who was clearly instructed to put me off and was determined not to help in any way. In fact when I said I was thinking of cancelling TV, phone and broadband, he just said go ahead. As a NTL/Virgin customer for 20 years, I find the poor Quality of service unacceptable.

I don't want, or need, these expensive services/packages. Can anyone tell me how I alter my account without having to deal with the obnoxious customer services advisors that always seem to answer the phones?

The only answer appears to be to cancel altogether, and opt for a more user friendly company.

0 Kudos
ycwkpp898
Up to speed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Rubbish customer service

Why this company uses idiots for customer services is beyond me. Not ever one is the same its just a small few. I would phone back up and choose you are thinking of leaving. Explain what has happened and hopefully the person you get does help you. 

I was sick of been lied too. I got 2 Tivo boxes out, there loss. kept broadband and phone on as it was cheaper that way. and I went to sky for TV only. I got a great deal.

I hope you can get the right person.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi CUU,

Thanks for your post and apologies to ehar your experience has been less than perfect Smiley Sad 

With packages to suit many needs, now is the time to review your current line up and speak to our teams. There may be a package that suits you better and helps keep your costs down. 

To take a look at this it would be great if you could give our teams another call on 150 or 0345 454 1111. They will be happy to help you get the best out of your services from us so you can continue to enjoy our great options and extras.

Something to note is usually any re-negotiation in price or service tiers leads to a new contract so be sure to listen out if it will be a 12 or 18 month one. The adviser will let you know this on the call.

Let me know how you get on and if you need anything else.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
CUU
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

That's typical of the increasingly poor Virgin service. I've been a customer for 20 years, and "Loyalty" obviously counts for nothing. 

Regarding Full house TV (XL):

1. They've taken away previously watched TV programmes, and new programmes I want to watch are not provided.

2. The claimed increase in channels are virtually clones of existing channels.

3. I can't remove channels which are of no interest, such as sport.

4. Most of the Virgin channels that I watch are available on terrestial Freeview.

And finally:  I have observed no difference with the Superfibre 70 broadband.

The problem is that, when I have phoned for assistance, I have spoken with very unhelpful advisors who have poor English, and I have to give up. And now you're telling me that if I want reduce my account to save money, I will have to tie myself into a new contract.

If I cant reduce my  TV package down to basic, get rid of the Tivo box that is a waste  of space, get rid of broadband 70 which was a con, and remove some telephone services, the only option seems to be to cancel altogether and go elsewhere.

CUU

0 Kudos