Menu
RGROVES141
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Rising costs of Home Comms and TV

Can't believe it now costs more (annually) for my  Landline, Broadband and TV Channels than a full years energy bills. I know what your thinking and no I do not live in a one room bungalow, I have a three bedroom semi with four people living in the house. Not just the big four energy companies ripping the public off in my opinion.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Rising costs of Home Comms and TV

Not fair criticism. The cable infrastructure was expensive to install (which is why so many of the smaller cable companies went bust and were bought up by Telewest and NTL). It is expensive to maintain and expand. The Government wants it to expand but largely at the expense of the existing customer base. paying for it. VM is profitable as you would expect it to be for the investment risk it carries. Divide the cost by four people and it doesn't seem so excessive. But if you want the kind of content and speeds that VM provides it costs VM money. So it costs you money too. The market is competitive and if VM is too expensive there are alternatives. Down to you to explore these. I think VM is fairly priced for what it is and for what I get.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It's the way that cost is distributed that is all wrong.  Many only want and need broadband and not TV or telephone but are still having their prices increased twice yearly to fund the expansion of those other services.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Dave_cq wrote:

It's the way that cost is distributed that is all wrong.  Many only want and need broadband and not TV or telephone but are still having their prices increased twice yearly to fund the expansion of those other services.

Exactly, the expansion is not the responsibility of current customers who will get no benefit from it. Certain people will justify everything and anything VM do.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos