Menu
gerrard
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Reviewing bills

Why does the customer portal only show the most recent bill when most forward looking companies enable customers to see all previous bills? or am I missing a link somewhere?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Reviewing bills

Hi gerrard, 

I do in fact work for Virgin Media and am an official Forum Member. You can tell this from my status under the picture to the left of this post. You can view who are part of the Forum Team here: Good folk to know

We are a Community Based Forum and rely heavily on our Superusers, which both @HowardML and @Ernie_C are, as well as interaction from other Community members whether they are Virgin Media customers or not.

Anything that needs the Forum Team to take a look further, we reply to.

12 months worth of your bills are available for you for free just like the other companies you have mentioned. The only difference is you need to request bills aged between 6months - 1year. You can do this by calling 150 / 0345 454 1111. 

If you have any further questions, just let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No you are not. The issue is one of server storage capacity and what VM find that most people want. Six months on line, twelve months if you phone up and you'll get the months you want free of charge as PDFs via e-mail. Two years is the furthest back you can go and then there is a charge of £2 per bill for the oldest. It's not unreasonable. It is your responsibility to download and keep the ones you want (say for tax purposes). Once a reasonable period has expired VM don't need the bills. You've paid up. The storage is an expense and any business would seek to control costs where it can.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
gerrard
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I do not agree with your perception of what constitutes customer service or indeed what is reasonable. Equally, the price of storage is ultra cheap, as many other utility organisations will attest. I am not remotely interested in how VM seek to reduce costs. I am only interested in delightful customer service. £2 to retrieve what can be very easily be reduced to a single-digit, online-available file is - in my view - unreasonable.

As you "do not work for VM", I shall await an official answer.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi gerrard, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

HowardML is spot on here with regards to the bills information. 

You can access up to 6 months online via My Virgin Media. 

We can send you a PDF copy of any bill via email for up to 12 months

Any bills back to 2 years are chargeable at £2 per bill. These are sent to your address. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
gerrard
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

And do you work for vm?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

WOW!

@HowardML is not a Virgin Media employee and has given you the correct answer.

@Kath_F is an employee and has given you the correct answer.

I get that you don't (unreasonably) like the answer.

0 Kudos
gerrard
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Wow! back!

Struggling to understand the point of this forum and its random and delayed responses to queries. Is "(unreasonably)" your personal view as a friendly troll punter or are you too a VM employee?

unreasonable?

With Sky You can view an up-to-date statement and 11 of your previous bills at any time on the Sky website

Talk talk show the last 12 months bills

other utilities the same

Top of the list, Amazon show every penny I ever spent with them going back nearly 20 years.

I dont think Richard Branson is that hard up he can't afford a few kilobytes storage per user. I think therefore you will find that you are the unreasonable - or shall we settle on misguided - ones.

The correct answer would have been - from a VM employee - "hmmm, thats an interesting point. Let me FACT-check and get back to you", or even some BS like "Great feedback! we are always striving to improve our customer service and all views are taken on board so I will refer that to our management team for consideration. Thank you for your feedback!"

Instead I get defensive bluster and avoidance, covered with ill-informed gobbledegook.

But thank you for your time! I value your feedback!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi gerrard, 

I do in fact work for Virgin Media and am an official Forum Member. You can tell this from my status under the picture to the left of this post. You can view who are part of the Forum Team here: Good folk to know

We are a Community Based Forum and rely heavily on our Superusers, which both @HowardML and @Ernie_C are, as well as interaction from other Community members whether they are Virgin Media customers or not.

Anything that needs the Forum Team to take a look further, we reply to.

12 months worth of your bills are available for you for free just like the other companies you have mentioned. The only difference is you need to request bills aged between 6months - 1year. You can do this by calling 150 / 0345 454 1111. 

If you have any further questions, just let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

gerrard
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

thank you

0 Kudos
gerrard
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

heres a little postscript for you all. I called 150 and they said they can post me the first six months bills but it will cost £2. I despair.

0 Kudos