Menu
swapshop1
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Returning equipment

I have been sent "pack 5" to return stuff which consists of; a plastic bin bag, instructions and bubble wrap bag for the modem.

It is supposed to contain a cardboard box with 2 smaller foldable boxes for the 2x TiVo that I have.

So I called customer support and have been sent exactly the same useless bag of crap again. Note the swearing so a mod will look at this post quickly. I'f you want me to send all your TiVo and SHUB back in a bin liner then I'll do just that. I'll video it, put it on YouTube so I have proof of inadequate packaging and post it. I'll also send you a disclaimer letter and use this post in the small claim court. So don't delete it!

Alternatively, you could send the 2x card with a film attached to it labeled (A) and the 1x foldable outer box labeled (B) that the instructions tell me to use!

Final warning chaps! Not sure you're winning me back very well so far!
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Returning equipment

Hi both, 

Thanks for your posts and apologies to hear you feel the new returns packaging isn't adequate enough. 

We've recently changed the packaging but rest assured, the mailer bags can take up to two of our largest STB's and a Superhub. The good news is though we don't need the Superhub back. 

Instead feel free to dispose of it responsibly. You can find your nearest recycling point here: Recycle More

If there is anything else we can do to help, just pop back here. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos

All Replies
swapshop1
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I was originally told to bin the SHUB1 over the phone. But judging by the bin bag packaging, it's asking for it back.
0 Kudos
Darkman
Up to speed
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Exactly the same thing has happened to me, with the exception that I replied to the text (asking me to confirm my address?!?) rather than endure the inevitable wait that a phone call to VM (unless you want to buy something) entails.

My 2 1TB TiVos are still sitting waiting for VM to send me something large enough to put them in.

200Mb BB, 2̶ ̶x̶ ̶1̶T̶B̶ ̶T̶i̶V̶o̶, X̶L̶ ̶T̶V̶, M Phone
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi both, 

Thanks for your posts and apologies to hear you feel the new returns packaging isn't adequate enough. 

We've recently changed the packaging but rest assured, the mailer bags can take up to two of our largest STB's and a Superhub. The good news is though we don't need the Superhub back. 

Instead feel free to dispose of it responsibly. You can find your nearest recycling point here: Recycle More

If there is anything else we can do to help, just pop back here. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Darkman
Up to speed
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It's not that we 'feel' that it's not enough, the instructions on the back of the returns sticker still show the cardboard box and foldable box solution, which are also referenced on the list of what should be in the package.

If VM are happy with this solution then so be it.

0 Kudos
swapshop1
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks darkman,

That's exactly right. The instructions tell me to box the TiVo's. I went through the effort to box it myself. I've now taken it all out and put the lot in the supplied bin bags.

There is another forum post, brand new 1tb TiVo sent in error. customer told to bin it as the system says there are no returns logged and so they are unable to override and send out a returns bag! Not surprised virgin have a lot of TiVo's. I bet the VM recycle centre is a grave yard of old TiVo's. I just hope their new box has a decent CPU and RAM so as to avoid old technology waste problems. The 3 tuners are OK, the space is OK too. Software a good design with some great ideas but the CPU is just too slow to run it all.

Requirements creep! Start out with the hardware matching the initial requirement and all starts off well. But over the years, things change and the hardware is quickly pushed beyond the original design. Only one solution, think ahead and up rate the hardware for software growth. That's the responsible thing. Yes, it'll cost a bit more, but gives the hardware more life. Sadly, we live in a disposable world. Company's cut corners and so the new TiVo will just meet the requirement. And so the cycle continues...... Replace hardware every 5 years then!
0 Kudos
Darkman
Up to speed
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Could you please send another terminator cap to our home addresses, as the 'Pack 5' bags only included 1.

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos