Menu
kadiyaani
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Returning equipment

Hello Smiley Happy
I recently changed my TV package and was told I would have to return the old equipment via a prepaid packing pack that would arrive within 10 days.
The prepaid packaging has not yet arrived and I'm concerned I will be charged for the equipment through no fault of my own. 
I have already tried to contact Virgin Media about this but am so far getting no joy. Does anyone have any alternatives I can explore please, or can someone help me with this issue please?
Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Returning equipment

this is asked over an over again.

Virgin have a sad history of promising to send packaging and not doing it.

In other threads, suggestions to return it in a bin liner or put it out on the street for collection seem to generate a quick " so sorry , will fix it" response from forum staff.. whether they really do fix it remains debatable- try a forum search for other similar cases & their outcomes.

they preform equally badly with their free gifts & voucher incentives. it seems that anything that costs them money gets conveniently lost / mis-filed/ pushed to back of queue ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi kadiyaani, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you've not yet received your returns packaging. 

I've gone in to the account to arrange for new pack to be sent however it looks as though one has already been arranged Smiley Happy 

If you've still not received anything within 7 days, come back and let me know.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

kadiyaani
Joining in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath
Thanks for the reply and checking for me.
There is still no sign of anything coming through though...Could you please let me know if there is an alternative way to send the items back or an address to send them to as the supposed items have been sent twice but not arrived and I really want to just get the equipment sent back.
Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Dave606
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

As to why VM can't collect the equipment they want back themselves like they used to puzzles me.  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to us kadiyaani,

Hope you don't mind me responding on behalf of Kath as she is currently out of office.

I've gone ahead and re-raised another order to be sent out to you. If you do not receive this within 3-5 working days please let me know.

Thanks again,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Dave606
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Or say nothing after the second time and send VM a holding charge letter for storing there equipment they will have failed to make reasonable contractual efforts to organise the return of 😀 .  

0 Kudos
Bakergirl
Joining in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I'm in the same position , I have phoned now five times and each time have been told services have been switched off and the packaging is in the post . Hopefully this last phone called has done the trick but you never know.

Also I have sent a letter of complaint and taken the girls name as reference on the last call , their customer service us dreadful .

I hope you and I are successful . Good luck 

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Bakergirl wrote:

Hi, I'm in the same position , I have phoned now five times and each time have been told ... the packaging is in the post . ...

seems statistically evident that VM employees just LIE to get you and others off the phone, and that truthfully thy neither know nor care 

& this is not the only example. Judging by other frequest posts, the depts responsible for delivery of vouchers and other incentives seem to have she same casual relationship with the truth.

& lets not even mention outbound sales staff promises...

Lying seems endemic in VM culture.  so it's probably a top down phenomenon.

But if staff or superusers have an alternative explanation why these events  continue to occur, perhaps they can post it 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bakergirl, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you were also having an issue receiving your returns pack. 

Since calling and posting here to us, have you received it? If not I will be able to escalate and double check things from here. 

Let me know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos