Menu
kdgqpr
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Retentions

Twice now I have held on for interminable lengths of time to speak to VM retentions, and twice when I have finally got through, after being asked my name etc, they have immediately cut me off! I have a number of issues with Virgin Media, whom I have been with for (too) many years - clearly attracting new customers is of more interest to them than retaining existing ones.

The issues I have include: (i) SO slow Tivo box (ii) even slower old V+ box on TV 2, (iii) broadband connection though fast when it works (Vivid 200), the connection is actually quite flaky and goes down at the "wrong time" too often, maybe it's the router, I don't know, I'm not an expert, and (iv) having to pay for rental of a phone line that I never use - except in failed attempts to speak with Retentions!

I'm paying far too much for this bunch of average at best services, £137pm. I did hope that Retentions would offer a better deal and some decent equipment, but as they won't even speak with me, I guess I need to look at moving to the dark side - Sky have offered about £19 less including 2 Sky Q boxes, though the broadband isn't as fast and, yes, there is still a phone line charge....

I don't know whether VM staff read and respond to this board, but this is my last try, perhaps they can save me from Sky....!!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Retentions

kdgqpr wrote:

So I guess the answer is that VM staff aren't interested about problems??

Can  anyone please tell me how to cancel if Retentions prefer to cut you off rather than talk to you? Should I go straight to Sky?

Given that you seem to say that every time you post then why not?  Off you go.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!

All Replies
kdgqpr
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can  anyone please tell me how to cancel if Retentions prefer to cut you off rather than talk to you? Should I go straight to Sky?

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

kdgqpr wrote:

Given that you seem to say that every time you post then why not?  Off you go.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
kdgqpr
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

So, I finally managed to speak to Retentions without being cut off; very helpful this time: new V6 box and new hub 3.0 to be installed next week - with the VIP price reduced from £137 to £114, so pretty good response from VM.

And Sky can do one!! Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
daverfield
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Similar boat mate, how much have they said installation will cost?

0 Kudos
kdgqpr
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

£49.95 for V6 and hub 3.0, could be worse...!

0 Kudos